'09 9th Region Top 5

If you ask my opinion Luke is very much deserving of the title of a high school superstar. I mean seriously the kid has won 2 straight NKY POY's the kid has broken almost every record at a school that has a much much more storied past than your beloved Raiders. He is being looked at by some of the top schools in the nation whether or not he has offers yet i have no idea but the fact that they are there looking at him says allot. And all of this is not to mention the fact that the kid is a basketball all star selection as well. Now besides that here are my picks for the region next year:

1. Cov Cath

2. Conner

3. New Cath

4. Ryle

5. Beechwood

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to say that a kid is not a high school superstar just because of his performance against your almighty Raiders is a little bit juvenile. If Ty Cobb himself was to come to NKY and play high school baseball im sure there would be a game or two where he just didnt have it. So are you saying if Ty Cobb didnt hit against your team he would not be a super star?

You're right....a bad game or two can happen to anyone. A dozen or so ?????

A dozen or so? DD Come on what did the kid hit last year .560 something. Its impossible to have that many off games in a high school season and still hit .500 let alone .560. If your judging him in 4 years against Ryle then get a clue. Maybe Ryle just has his number who knows but to judge a kids entire high school career only by what he does against your favorite team is just delusional.

A dozen or so? DD Come on what did the kid hit last year .560 something. Its impossible to have that many off games in a high school season and still hit .500 let alone .560. If your judging him in 4 years against Ryle then get a clue. Maybe Ryle just has his number who knows but to judge a kids entire high school career only by what he does against your favorite team is just delusional.

Like I said, I base my opinion on what I see and 0 for 4 and one for four consistant outings just does not convience me. So you're telling me that every Ryle pitcher the past 3 years must have had his number and knew exactly how to pitch him? Maybe it's time for you to give the Raiders a little credit then, if that's the case.

I give the Raiders all the credit they are due. I'll be the first to tell you they have one heck of a coach and have a had a very VERY solid program for years now. But they are not a dynasty as you claim them to be, they are not the best thing the town has ever seen so when you get on here talking about them as you do its hard for others to give them the credit they deserve and thats a shame because they really have been that good. So let me ask you, why would anyone on here give your beloved Raiders any respect when you yourself are not willing to give anyone any respect? And yes it is not to hard to believe that one team could have a kids number. There are plenty of examples of guys even in the pros that just dont hit when they play against certain teams, it happens all the time.

If you ask my opinion Luke is very much deserving of the title of a high school superstar. I mean seriously the kid has won 2 straight NKY POY's the kid has broken almost every record at a school that has a much much more storied past than your beloved Raiders. He is being looked at by some of the top schools in the nation whether or not he has offers yet i have no idea but the fact that they are there looking at him says allot. And all of this is not to mention the fact that the kid is a basketball all star selection as well. Now besides that here are my picks for the region next year:

1. Cov Cath

2. Conner

3. New Cath

4. Ryle

5. Beechwood

I agree 100% with you on evrything you said to DD. But Conner #2 is a stretch. I know they can hit, but can they pitch?

I give the Raiders all the credit they are due. I'll be the first to tell you they have one heck of a coach and have a had a very VERY solid program for years now. But they are not a dynasty as you claim them to be, they are not the best thing the town has ever seen so when you get on here talking about them as you do its hard for others to give them the credit they deserve and thats a shame because they really have been that good. So let me ask you, why would anyone on here give your beloved Raiders any respect when you yourself are not willing to give anyone any respect? And yes it is not to hard to believe that one team could have a kids number. There are plenty of examples of guys even in the pros that just dont hit when they play against certain teams, it happens all the time.

You have a funy way of showing respect with your "Almighty Raiders" comments. If you have a convection, and obviouly you do harbor much hatred for the Ryle program.... stand by it. I give plenty of kids respect, in fact I was the only one on hear that named some players that had POY potential next year. Your problem, like several on here is that if your not Luke Maile, you shouldn't even be on a ball field. You guys are simply obsessed with the kid to the point where it may be unhealthy.

How is Holy Cross left out of the top 5? They return 9 seniors and have one of the areas best pitchers in Roenker.

I don't see their offense as very powerful. I know pitching and defense can take you far but I think everyone in my top 5 is just a little better. The only exception I see is maybe Beechwood.

And to say that a kid is not a high school superstar just because of his performance against your almighty Raiders is a little bit juvenile. If Ty Cobb himself was to come to NKY and play high school baseball im sure there would be a game or two where he just didnt have it. So are you saying if Ty Cobb didnt hit against your team he would not be a super star?

I'll bet Ty Cobb couldn't even hit .300 against Ryle's pitching. He'd get virtually no infield hits because of Ryle's fielding. And also the fact that Cobb would be about 120 years old.:lol: