'09 9th Region Top 5

If he went to CCH, would he play SS?

Now wouldn't that be interesting? ;) :lol: I don't think there's any question who the better talent is. But I still think a move there (to CCH) would be highly unlikely. If there's any move at all . . . .

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now wouldn't that be interesting? ;) :lol: I don't think there's any question who the better talent is. But I still think a move there (to CCH) would be highly unlikely. If there's any move at all . . . .

I don't buy any of this transfer stuff. He wouldn't be eligible to play.

I don't buy any of this transfer stuff. He wouldn't be eligible to play.

Not even if he moves back with his mother in Ohio? I thought a divorce/custody situation was one of the allowable exceptions. I would agree that any CCH transfer would be highly unlikely.

Not even if he moves back with his mother in Ohio? I thought a divorce/custody situation was one of the allowable exceptions. I would agree that any CCH transfer would be highly unlikely.

In KY, precedent says he would be ineligible if he moves back with his mom.

Cov Cath has the deepest pitching and the best defense. Will they be as good as the '02 team? Time will tell. However the '09 team seems to have all of the ingredients to be as good as the '06 Tigers, the '07 Raiders and the '07 Colonels. All three of these teams had outstanding senior leadership from young men who knew how to play the game. Whichever team wins the regional will have the advantage of playing the sectional at a

9th region site. A huge advantage. Cov Cath vs Harrison County @ St. Henry?

To borrow a phrase from sportscaster Keith Jackson, "Whoa Nellie."

The 02 Cov Cath team may have been the best in N KY history. The 06 Tigers was loaded and could win any game they wanted to with Curley on the mound. The 07 Raiders had 4 quality pitchers, probably the best defense in N KY and four or five kids that hit around .500, and hit .355 as a team. The 09 Cov Cath team has experience but average tallent, no real super stars and no sure thing on the hill like Curley. They have a very good shot this year but they will have to earn it. I seriously don't think they will be as good as the 07 Cov Cath team with Blesser, Larkin, Popham ect.

The 02 Cov Cath team may have been the best in N KY history. The 06 Tigers was loaded and could win any game they wanted to with Curley on the mound. The 07 Raiders had 4 quality pitchers, probably the best defense in N KY and four or five kids that hit around .500, and hit .355 as a team. The 09 Cov Cath team has experience but average tallent, no real super stars and no sure thing on the hill like Curley. They have a very good shot this year but they will have to earn it. I seriously don't think they will be as good as the 07 Cov Cath team with Blesser, Larkin, Popham ect.

Luke Maile?

Ha ha that was actually pretty funny. You made me LAUGH OUT LOUD.:lol::laugh:

Sorry....seen him play quite a bit and he has not reached that stature yet.

What stature would that be? Are you saying you're a better judge of talent than the SEC/ACC/Big East/etc coaches that are pursuing him?

Come on DD, be serious! I know you don't like the CovCath team, but to say that the many, and I mean many College and Pro scouts who make a living evaluating young men and how they play the game aren't as knowledgeable as you claim you are, is pure jealously on your part.

What in the heck does he need to do as a individual player to impress you?

And oh BTW where are those as you put it

07 Raiders had 4 quality pitchers, probably the best defense in N KY and four or five kids that hit around .500, and hit .355 as a team

going to college and where are they playing baseball at? I can't wait until you answer this question!

Edited by Theoldguy

Yeah haha. You saw him play the Ryle games i bet. Thats also probably when you saw him walk so many times because they were scared to throw to him.:laugh:

DD why didn't you mention the .ect of that 07 team of CovCath that you thought was so good? Darner, Isler, Nutini, and the best player on that team??? Why Luke Maile of course! Lead the team in hitting and rbi's, and oh BTW he won his first ninth region POY that year as a sophomore!