• Newport
    • Owensboro
    • Corbin
    • Paducah
    • Mayfield
    • Ashland
    • Maysville
    • Pikeville

They don't give titles, based off town sizes. Louisville has tremendous athletic achievements and yes, a tremendous population.

I'm just stating the obvious. Yes, obviously, Louisville has the most state titles. They also have the most schools and most people.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just stating the obvious. Yes, obviously, Louisville has the most state titles. They also have the most schools and most people.

The original question, as I understood it, wasn't based on a per capita criteria. Louisville wins. :D:p

The original question, as I understood it, wasn't based on a per capita criteria. Louisville wins. :D:p

Ah, everyone can have their opinion to answer the original question. Thats the beauty of such a question :thumb:

Not to mention, the number of trips to the Sweet 16 and Baseball titles.

But those aren't titles, and by and large that's the bulk of Owensboro's success, those numerous trips to the Sweet 16. How many titles in the three main sports does the city have? I know the Red Devils have three in football (I'm not going to count a mythical title in 1917).

I'd be interested in the reasoning behind Bowling Green's vote....

I love this town, but in major sports, we haven't had a great deal of success as far as titles. Bowling Green has one football title, Warren Central has one basketball title, and Bowling Green has one baseball title. Add two more via Greenwood if we're talking softball.

But those aren't titles, and by and large that's the bulk of Owensboro's success, those numerous trips to the Sweet 16. How many titles in the three main sports does the city have? I know the Red Devils have three in football (I'm not going to count a mythical title in 1917).

You do know that Owensboro Catholic resides in Owensboro too??

The 'Boro has a "few" titles. Owensboro Sr. has 6 baseball titles(tied for most in the state with Manual), 3 basketball titles, and 3 in football.

Obviously those numbers pale in comparison to the Lousiville schools, as well they should.

Comparing apples to apples, I think the City of Northern Kentucky :D can compare quite favorably to Jefferson County and any other area of the state. With Highlands', Beechwood's, CovCath's, Ludlow's and Bellevue's championships in football; CovCath's, Holmes' and Highland's (not so recent) appearances in the Sweet 16 and Simon Kenton's state championship in basketball; CovCath's state championship in baseball; Highlands' two championships in girls socccer; Highlands' championship this past year in girls track, just to mention a few accomplishments, the "City" has done quite well. :thumb:

You do know that Owensboro Catholic resides in Owensboro too??

The 'Boro has a "few" titles. Owensboro Sr. has 6 baseball titles(tied for most in the state with Manual), 3 basketball titles, and 3 in football.

Obviously those numbers pale in comparison to the Lousiville schools, as well they should.

Well being that you said people would be surprised how many the Devils won, that was more or less what I was responding to, and I was assuming that's whose Sweet 16 appearances STRIKE3 was referring to. Near as I can tell, in the three major sports, the only title Catholic brings to the table is one baseball title in '85. Daviess County has a baseball title as well, in 1971.

I think the most pertinent detail is that in those sports, the city and county have not had a title since 1987. Now, if we're adding softball, we have the Owensboro Catholic softball juggernaut to add in, with 4 titles.