Johnson Central to play top team in the country.........

I noticed a return trip to Central High in Louisville does not appear on the 2008 schedule. Is this game the reason?

No it's not. This game was originally with Conner and they decided not to play. There never was a return trip to Central because last years game was on a one year contract.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...... of course the country is Canada though.

In a game definately worth of the "This will be interesting" category. Johnson Central will host St. Thomas More from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada on Sept. 5.

St. Thomas More has won two consecutive Golden Horseshoe Bowls in Canada, they finished last season 12-0 and ranked as the #1 team in the entire country.

This game brings up several pertinent questions:

1. Will JC have to re-do their field and make it longer with the goalposts at the front of the endzone. :D

2. Will Westsider's head explode trying to figure out the trasnlation of whether the best team in all of Canada is a worth replacement to Louisville Central? :D

3.Will Jim Matney hype this game as the single greatest matchup in the history of the US in international high school football, and following the win crown himself as the new prime minister of Canada? :D

1. Highly doubt it

2. We can only wish but again doubtful.

3. Probably not

Any CovCath fans want to do their civil duty and instruct our friendly neighbors to the North on how to find Johnsonville, KY? HAHA

Will have to say, it was one of the nicest road trips that I have ever been on. The community and fans of Johnson Central were as nice and kind to the CovCath fans as any game I have attended and I am sure they will treat the fans from Canada just as nice as they treated us.

I think a game like this will do more for Eastern Kentucky than a lot of people think and I am not talking about football either. If the fans and the community come out like they did at the CovCath game, a lot of preconceived thoughts of what Eastern Kentucky is suppose to be like, will be put to rest, simply by playing a football game.

This football game is a win, win situation for JC, it's community and for Eastern Kentucky in general!

Edited by Theoldguy

If they haven't graduated yet the two young ladies from JC who sang (my old Ky Home) at the CovCath game and also at the Girls Sweet Sixteen when NDA played, would be my choice! They were outstanding!

I second that.

And to add to my earlier post (which was in jest), the playoff atmosphere at the CovCath/Johnson Central game was as good as any I've experienced. Considering CovCath has played slobberknocker playoff games with LexCath, Bell County, Ashland, and Highlands through the years, that's saying something.

If they haven't graduated yet the two young ladies from JC who sang (my old Ky Home) at the CovCath game and also at the Girls Sweet Sixteen when NDA played, would be my choice! They were outstanding!

Johnson Central has an AWESOME chorus director. Whoever she gets to sing at this game, I know they will be great.