Meeting a celebrity.

KYNINERSFAN

I was in Louisville last week and had stopped into Borders to grab this years Athalons SEC football magazine/preview and guess who was there signing a new book he had co-authored ? Gene Hackman. I love this guys westerns. I am a big fan of westerns anyway . I got to meet him, had my picture made with him and he signed a copy of the book he co-authored. It is called " Escape from Andersonville." It's about the civil war prison. Amazing book.

Has anyone else met any celeb's.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time when my father was having his heart surgery in the mid 70's (76 I beleive it was, maybe the fall of 75')., anyway when I was getting off the elevator at the U.K. hospital I turned the corner and there was Adolph Rupp sitting in his wheelchair and a man was there with him. When I got the lump out of my throat to where I could speak I walked over and ask the gentleman with him if I could talk to him. He said yes, Coach Rupp is just very weak though. I walked over and spoke, said hello and told him how much I admired him and loved the Wildcats and it was a thrill for me to meet him. That's when Coach Rupp, with his hands trembling stuck his hand out and said in a very weak and trembling voice....."son, I can't sign an autograph anymore but will a handshake do"? Needless to say that chance meeting and handshake was one of the very top highlights of my life. I was around 18-19 years old at the time. Coach Adolph Rupp passed in 77'. I really never dreamed that I would even ever see him other than at a distance at a Cats game but to turn the corner coming off an elevator and there he was was a thrill. Well now I have went on like I am there again..... Sorry

Other than that I have met Rick Pitino at a book signing in Russell, Ky.. While working security and a few summer (4th of July) events I have met Sammy Kershaw, Naomi Judd, Lorrie Morgan and a couple of the guys in Diamond Rio.

Trust me, none of the latter could begin to compare with that one chance meeting with Adolph Rupp.

Tilia Tequelia (sp?) was at the Black Fin in downtown Cincy tonight. Didn't meet her but I was impressed. But I thought she was out doen by a few at the bar.

I think she looks skanky on TV, does she look better in real life?

Only story I've got was having dinner with Cal Ripken, Jr. at an awards dinner in San Diego. He played tic-tac-toe with my 10 year old son most of the evening (he signed it and we have it framed). Bobby Cox, Leo Mazzone, Tommy Lasorda and Vin Scully were at the next table over.

I was in Louisville last week and had stopped into Borders to grab this years Athalons SEC football magazine/preview and guess who was there signing a new book he had co-authored ? Gene Hackman. I love this guys westerns. I am a big fan of westerns anyway . I got to meet him, had my picture made with him and he signed a copy of the book he co-authored. It is called " Escape from Andersonville." It's about the civil war prison. Amazing book.

Has anyone else met any celeb's.

Gene Hackman is great...love him in several movies but especially Crimson Tide.

Long before being around celebs was ingrained in my work and the luster wore off I met Bob Hope on a family trip. I was around 10 years old, and he was locked out of the hotel he was performing at that night. I just happened to be running by the door, and let him in. He talked to me for a while and gave my family tickets to the show...

Long before being around celebs was ingrained in my work and the luster wore off I met Bob Hope on a family trip. I was around 10 years old, and he was locked out of the hotel he was performing at that night. I just happened to be running by the door, and let him in. He talked to me for a while and gave my family tickets to the show...

That is a cool story. Were you able to appreciate it then as much as you probably appreciate it now?

I have had the honor of meeting Tony Danza and I will bet that "America" is on a web site somewhere telling the world about "Tony".

They were very nice guys however their road manager probably thinks I am the devil. Since I froze their bottled water before going on stage. :rolleyes: Yes, she was a troll and made me look like an angel. :D