Shaq, Are you kidding me?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheriff wants Shaq's badges back after Kobe rap

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3459208

"I want his two badges back," Arpaio told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they're fired. I don't condone this type of racial conduct."

Shaq was seen in a video posted on the celebrity news and gossip Web site TMZ.com rapping that "Kobe couldn't do without me."

"I was freestyling. That's all. It was all done in fun. Nothing serious whatsoever," O'Neal told ESPN.com Monday. A call to the Suns on Tuesday seeking comment from O'Neal was referred to his public relations firm, which didn't immediately respond.

O'Neal previously served as a reserve officer with the Miami Beach Police Department while playing for the Miami Heat. He also volunteered with the Tempe Police Department after being traded to the Suns in February.

I think of this, and then I think of Nixon giving Elvis an honorary DEA badge. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Come on... everyone knows Shaq was glad Kobe and the Lakers lost, he just slipped and made it public.

While I agree with pretty much everything in this thread that O'Neal said we kind of dumb, but not that big of a deal, you can bet your money that Shaq was rooting for the Celtics last week. It would have been a bad day for Shaq apologists and Kobe haters if the Lakers would have somehow won the title.

I thought it was funny when I first heard it. Its really not that big of a deal. It seemed to me like a typical free-style. Its only "news" because its the middle of the summer with nothing else going on in sports right now and sportscenter has nothing else to talk about.

Typical post of a guy who doesn't like Kobe. Yea the Lakers got beat in the Finals... where were the Suns? Spurs?

What do those two teams have to do with this thread? This thread is about Shaq giving us a hilarious free style about Kobe.

It is only hilarious to Kobe haters. It was extremely embarassing and repetitive.

I like Kobe and I still thought it was funny. I think a lot of people here don't understand the type of personality Shaq has. People are taking this way too seriously, Shaq is a pretty intelligent guy and he was just having a little fun with the crowd. NOT A BIG DEAL PEOPLE.

Sheriff wants Shaq's badges back after Kobe rap

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3459208

"I want his two badges back," Arpaio told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they're fired. I don't condone this type of racial conduct."

Shaq was seen in a video posted on the celebrity news and gossip Web site TMZ.com rapping that "Kobe couldn't do without me."

"I was freestyling. That's all. It was all done in fun. Nothing serious whatsoever," O'Neal told ESPN.com Monday. A call to the Suns on Tuesday seeking comment from O'Neal was referred to his public relations firm, which didn't immediately respond.

O'Neal previously served as a reserve officer with the Miami Beach Police Department while playing for the Miami Heat. He also volunteered with the Tempe Police Department after being traded to the Suns in February.

Apparently I'm not the only one who thought Shaq was out of line.