Comedian George Carlin Dies at 71

Guest Bluto

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George was a comedic genius. His routines were some of the funniest I can remember. My all time favorite was "A place for my stuff."

"Everybody's got stuff...but did you ever notice that other people's stuff is crap, and your crap is stuff?!" :lol:

I was going to post the video of the routine, but unfortunately, it conatins a couple of those seven words you can't say on TV...or BGP. ;) Just go to YouTube and type in "A place for my stuff." While you're there, do yourself a favor and check out some of his other routines. They're all great!

Here's another legendary routine. It's clean, and the perfect topic for BGP. George Carlin, on the difference between baseball and football...

Edited by Birdsfan

Saw him live also. Always one of my favorites. If I'm not mistaken, he hosted the Tonight Show quite a number of time for Carson.

I don't recall him ever hosting — but I'll allow that my memory doesn't always work well — but I know he appeared and/or performed on the show more than 100 times over the years, which has got to be some kind of record.

He was definitely one of the great ones …

"Tonight's forecast: Dark. Continued dark throughout most of the evening, with some widely-scattered light towards morning."

This may not be his exact words because I'm doing it from memory:

"There will be a dust storm blowing in from the west and rain moving in from the south....and right here where they meet there will be 3 inches of mud."

I don't recall him ever hosting — but I'll allow that my memory doesn't always work well — but I know he appeared and/or performed on the show more than 100 times over the years, which has got to be some kind of record.

He was definitely one of the great ones …

Saw today he appeared on the tonight 130 times! :thumb: