Comedian George Carlin Dies at 71

Guest Bluto

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw George at the Opera House in Lexington several years ago. His strong point was that he could find humor in the most MUNDANE of situations. For instance,he made me laugh at the fact that when you open a fresh loaf of bread you always take your hand and go down 4 or 5 slices to avoid getting the heal and the first few slices of bread.

And I will always be fond of the Hippy Dippy weatherman.

RIP..and thanks for all the laughs through the years.

Guest Bluto

"Tonight's forecast: Dark. Continued dark throughout most of the evening, with some widely-scattered light towards morning."

When I heard this, I bowed my head and said the 7 Words You Can't Say on Television. I'm not trying to be funny or glib, per say. Knowing how he felt about religion, from his writing more than his stand up, I kind of think that is what George would want.

When I heard this, I bowed my head and said the 7 Words You Can't Say on Television. I'm not trying to be funny or glib, per say. Knowing how he felt about religion, from his writing more than his stand up, I kind of think that is what George would want.

:thumb:

Google '7 Words You Can't Say on Television' & click on the first site that comes up. It's a written transcript of the enitre bit.

Carlin on those 7 words..."Those are the ones that will infect your soul, curve your spine and keep the country from winning the war." :lol: