Top 5 teams in the 13th region next year?

I am new to the site, but have kept up with this region for years.

1.South Laurel-Until you take it from them,they are still da game!

2.Corbin-Most talent in the region, another disappointing season could have Hounds fans looking elsewhere

3.Clay County-A lot of young talent, hopefully things have settled down with the refree situation this year, but with bringing a player in has to make you wonder if they arent up to their old tricks again?

4.Bell County-Real athletic team, could compete for it all

5.Knox Central-If the supporting cast developes for Miller, could this be the year they get over the hump

I look for Harlan County to be much better than a lot of people think. Mike Jones is a very good coach that knows how to build a program. Middlesboro has just as much talent as anybody, but they havent had the right x's and o's for a while now. Why do they always hire someone that is not even qualified for the job? North will be led by Sediell, but I look for them to struggle. Lynn Camp should be much better. Whitley will be better as well.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I think Corbin will make their run finally. They have a very big lineup with only Wilson being under 6'3". Manns, Crawford, and Johnson go 6'4" 6'5" and 6'41/2". Throw in Hendrickson and Hopkins off the bench and you have two more 6'4 or 6'5" kids. Corbin should be a tremendous rebounding team this upcoming season. I've also heard that Crawford has dropped about 20 pounds and is around 215 and looked like the Josh Crawford of old over the summer.

I think Corbin will make their run finally. They have a very big lineup with only Wilson being under 6'3". Manns, Crawford, and Johnson go 6'4" 6'5" and 6'41/2". Throw in Hendrickson and Hopkins off the bench and you have two more 6'4 or 6'5" kids. Corbin should be a tremendous rebounding team this upcoming season. I've also heard that Crawford has dropped about 20 pounds and is around 215 and looked like the Josh Crawford of old over the summer.

Josh is really coming along. I agree he looked much better this summer than at any point in his injured junior season. I saw him the other day and he has really slimmed down and looked like a basketball player. He told me he weighed 213. I look for big things from him this season.

Josh is really coming along. I agree he looked much better this summer than at any point in his injured junior season. I saw him the other day and he has really slimmed down and looked like a basketball player. He told me he weighed 213. I look for big things from him this season.

It will be hard for anyone to match up or score on corbin inside. Add Isaac Wilson's penentration, Johnsons shooting/ability to get to the rim, and the others spoken of it's hard to believe this team wont be state contenders

Me too..........I just thought I would throw them out there anyway since I couldn't decide between the 3 you mentioned and possibly North Laurel for that 5th spot.

Seriously, I think Whitley will be much improved but they are not ready to sustain Championship play for a whole season, although on given nights they could throw a monkey wrench in the works, and if they are playing well late in the season....................................you just never know.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

Seriously, I think Whitley will be much improved but they are not ready to sustain Championship play for a whole season, although on given nights they could throw a monkey wrench in the works, and if they are playing well late in the season....................................you just never know.

True enough. Colonel Chris Baker might be cooking up a few upsets this season. I am sure the Colonel faithful, is hungry for a district title.......it has been since 1981 and a deep run in the 13th region....I think that was 1974 if memory serves me correct.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote