Top 5 teams in the 13th region next year?

Jackson Co. also lost a large amount of seniors (9 or 11), so there should be alotta new faces for the Generals.

All around team isn't tough but they have a guard that can burn the nets from deep. Watched him this summer dribble down and pull a step or 2 inside half court with a hand in his face and was given the green light.

I didn't get his name but someone said he was a senior and was always practicing.The entire team can shoot the 3.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think South will drop off?

South will have a good season as always but I don't think they can overcome the losses. I know this past year they overcame the losses of Profit, Hammonds, and that tall boy. Now they will have to replace the point guard, Jones, and some other contributers. I don't know if they'll be able to have two miracle seasons so to speak. They are capable and write is good enough of a coach but it'll be tough.

Bortnem took over several games for South last year and he always seemed to make the big shots when they needed them. He will be a tough one to replace. Jones was a very good high school player who did alot of intangible things, Duncan was a tough defender, Price was a banger on the boards and gave St. John a breather. I agree South will be near the top even with the graduation of these young men, but I do not see them replacing them easily, especially early in the season.

Corbin and South may play more than four times considering that South is in the CFIT and Corbin is back in the Hooping it Up. Corbin is by far the most tallented team in the region and look for the old Tigers of Clay County to be right on there heels. And never I mean Never count out Mike Jones and the Black Bears.

Quote the Raven nevermore

I do agree that things may be a little tougher for South losing Jones and Bortnem, but Steve Wright has his program so good now it is like a farm system, you just reload. Even with what he has coming back they should not beat Corbin, but they will.What makes them so tough is their defensive schemes. I know in years past they have had some good offensive players that kind of took the limelight away from the different junk defenses that they can throw at you, but last years group and this years group are defensive stompers, and with the talent Corbin has no way they should be scoring in the 50s against South even with having a good defensive team.

I agree HDE I do like Hayes as a person, he is a great guy, but he just cant coach a lick. I think a lot of his problem is he has no respect from the kids and the kids parents.