Top 5 teams in the 13th region next year?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Middlesboro sixth and Harlan County seventh, but you know how Les is with his Harlan County teams.

Do you not think that Harlan County will get out of the district? Just curious because you have Bell and M'boro both ranked ahead of them.

You never know. If you get the right draw at the state tourney ... anything can happen.

I'm not too familiar with them which is why I'm asking but I hear very good things about them and the talent they have returning. What will their starting lineup look like? Height and positions?

Do you not think that Harlan County will get out of the district? Just curious because you have Bell and M'boro both ranked ahead of them.

That's my preseason poll. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see Harlan County improve quite a bit as the season progresses.

I'm not too familiar with them which is why I'm asking but I hear very good things about them and the talent they have returning. What will their starting lineup look like? Height and positions?

Isaac Wilson - 5'9" Jr PG

Josh Smith - 6'2" sr W

Madison Johson - 6'3" jr W

Josh Crawford - 6'5" sr F

Aaron Manns - 6'3" jr C

Isaac Wilson 5-9 - Great speed and penetrater

Madison Johnson 6-3 - Very good scorer and can can the 3-point shot

Josh Crawford 6-5 - If he's 100 percent this year, then he's a sure-bet to be a first team All-Stater.

Aaron Manns 6-4 - Very underrated and does a lot of the dirty work (rebounds, scoring on putbacks)

Josh Smith 6-2- Another underrated player that can shoot and score with the best of them.

Those were the heights listed on last year's roster. Could change for this year.

Clay has a transfer or two from Buckhorn who have joined their team. I think one of them was a big kid...maybe Zach Gay about 6'6. So you may want to move the Tigers into the top spot if this proves to be the case.

Corbin has Lee Crawford a 5'10 guard who can play the wing or the point and Blake Hendrickson a 6'3 athlete who can rebound, run and jump to provide good minutes for the Hounds. Both those guys will be seniors and have played alot of quality time for Coach P.

Doe Corbin have the talent/athleticism/size to compete with the likes of Holmes, GRC, Scott Co, etc.?

Anything could happen if Corbin got to Rupp, I think they have 3 starter who are over 6'3. They have been smaller mountains teams make some noise. :thumb:

Isaac Wilson - 5'9" Jr PG

Josh Smith - 6'2" sr W

Madison Johson - 6'3" jr W

Josh Crawford - 6'5" sr F

Aaron Manns - 6'3" jr C

Isaac Wilson 5-9 - Great speed and penetrater

Madison Johnson 6-3 - Very good scorer and can can the 3-point shot

Josh Crawford 6-5 - If he's 100 percent this year, then he's a sure-bet to be a first team All-Stater.

Aaron Manns 6-4 - Very underrated and does a lot of the dirty work (rebounds, scoring on putbacks)

Josh Smith 6-2- Another underrated player that can shoot and score with the best of them.

Those were the heights listed on last year's roster. Could change for this year.

Thanks for the info guys. :thumb:

Anything could happen if Corbin got to Rupp, I think they have 3 starter who are over 6'3. They have been smaller mountains teams make some noise. :thumb:

True but the question is will they have the athleticism to rebound against teams like Holmes and SC who have phenomenal athletes who can jump out of the gym.

I am really looking forward to seeing Corbin though. Does anyone know if they play up toward NKY at all?

Those five minutes should be a good motivator for the Hounds next seasons. Much like Memphis did in the NCAA this season. The Hounds should learn alot of lessons from their shortcoming and come back on a mission.

1. South Laurel.......Coach Wright is running out of fingers for his regional championship rings.

2. Corbin.....Hounds have to prove they are the best team on the court

3. Clay County....returning players plus new ones equal many wins in Manchester this winter.

4. Bell County....all return a year older, stronger and wiser

5. Lynn Camp.....Wildcats find a way to win, hard play and lots of effort drive the Camp to the top five.

Clay has a transfer or two from Buckhorn who have joined their team. I think one of them was a big kid...maybe Zach Gay about 6'6. So you may want to move the Tigers into the top spot if this proves to be the case.

Corbin has Lee Crawford a 5'10 guard who can play the wing or the point and Blake Hendrickson a 6'3 athlete who can rebound, run and jump to provide good minutes for the Hounds. Both those guys will be seniors and have played alot of quality time for Coach P.

The Hounds will have a 8 - 10 man rotation this year that will wear down alot of teams late in the game. The Hounds have already played and won alot of games against good teams this summer in AAU as well as school teams. They will be much better than last year.

Those five minutes should be a good motivator for the Hounds next seasons. Much like Memphis did in the NCAA this season. The Hounds should learn alot of lessons from their shortcoming and come back on a mission.

1. South Laurel.......Coach Wright is running out of fingers for his regional championship rings.

2. Corbin.....Hounds have to prove they are the best team on the court

3. Clay County....returning players plus new ones equal many wins in Manchester this winter.

4. Bell County....all return a year older, stronger and wiser

5. Lynn Camp.....Wildcats find a way to win, hard play and lots of effort drive the Camp to the top five.

Last time I checked teams don't get rings for winning a region championship. ;)