(Sports) Talk Radio in Cincy Changing????

letabrotherspeak

GT alluded to some big time changes coming to Cincy area regarding talk radio.

Anyone with any inkling?

Used to love the Angry Guys, but can't listen to them much in the car. Can't listen with little ones in the car and they play too many daggone songs. Their ratings were strong for their targeted demographics.

Have actually listened to Alan Cutler. He really is not too bad. If you can handle his goofiness he actually does decent and talks sports. He has some solid intervews.

Daugherty is not too good.....

Cunningham is still funny.

The times I have listened to Fingers and Jones has been BRUTAL.....

Lance is solid when he keeps calls to a minimum.

Mo Egger is not too good either...he used to be unlistenable, if there is such a word, he no longer screams and yells, but he is not so good, even toned down.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT alluded to some big time changes coming to Cincy area regarding talk radio.

Anyone with any inkling?

Used to love the Angry Guys, but can't listen to them much in the car. Can't listen with little ones in the car and they play too many daggone songs. Their ratings were strong for their targeted demographics.

Have actually listened to Alan Cutler. He really is not too bad. If you can handle his goofiness he actually does decent and talks sports. He has some solid intervews.

Daugherty is not too good.....

Cunningham is still funny.

The times I have listened to Fingers and Jones has been BRUTAL.....

Lance is solid when he keeps calls to a minimum.

Mo Egger is not too good either...he used to be unlistenable, if there is such a word, he no longer screams and yells, but he is not so good, even toned down.

I can listen to Lance, but he does get on my neves from time to time. And I agree 100% on the bolded.

Lance does do a decent job and I agree the 2 Angrys just aren't as much fun with the music that I'd rather not listen to. Mo is OK at times and Cutler is horrible IMO. I have found myself listening to ESPN Radio most of the time in the past year. Oh yea Tracy Jones and Fingers together is absolutely painful.

I think Cutler does a good job with interviews and getting guests. However, he is so arrogant he is hard to listen to. The time C. Trent and Cutler are on together are very uncomfortable for the listener since it is obvious what they think of one another. C. Trent, while a very good writer, does nothing for me on the radio (much like Doc).

Used to love the two angrys, but I guess I didn't realize how little they talked about sports. When you add in music it really minimizes that further. Plus the music is awful.

I love Lance. I can't stand Cutler....Mo is worse than anyone. He is so annoying. Doc is Ok, Doc Rodgers is not very good. Tracey Jones is way too conceded for my taste. This city needs some change...even if that means we listen to GT everyday. :p

I think Cutler does a good job with interviews and getting guests. However, he is so arrogant he is hard to listen to. The time C. Trent and Cutler are on together are very uncomfortable for the listener since it is obvious what they think of one another. C. Trent, while a very good writer, does nothing for me on the radio (much like Doc).

Used to love the two angrys, but I guess I didn't realize how little they talked about sports. When you add in music it really minimizes that further. Plus the music is awful.

What time are the angry guys on, I would like to listen to them?

What happened to Andy Furman? Is he "black-balled"? I used to love his 4-7 show on 96.5 Also, I like the 2 Angry Guys (and 1 goofy chick) but agree they play too much music (and not my style either!)

Here's my take on the local guys. I know all of them pretty well except for Cutler, so some may be a little biased. :D

Angries- With the format change they are becoming less sports talk, and more of a general rock morning show with some sports thrown in here and there. Because WEBN is falling off the map, the ratings for their show are going to be better than ever even though it alienates a lot of their former audience. They only signed a one year deal with Cumulius, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out come October if the talk landscape changes like I think it will in the near future.

Cutler- The most bang for your buck if you're looking strictly for sports talk. Solid interviewer, but I really don't like many of his stances or takes. Better than Tim Lewis, but that's not saying much.

Mo- Have to admire Mo for working his way up the ladder and not giving up along the way. Being a jack of all trades at a place like CC is not easy. I think Mo is a little lost at times without a co host, and I think the show was a lot better with Doyel. I'd rather listen to Mo over Cutler, but I know that isn't going to be a popular position.

Lance- About two years ago his show started to change from really informative and balanced to shock radio designed to stir up callers. I like some of the off topic stuff because talking the same old crap day after day gets boring, but I think he goes too far with it more often than not. I'd love to see his show have the chance to return to what it used to be.

Doc- Bad radio. Not much else to say there.

IMO there really needs to be a shakeup to the landscape here. Zero former athletes paired with a radio vet that tend to make for the best sports talk shows. Zero originality, and ultimately zero competition for the folks in Kenwood to worry enough about to change their ways...

I love the 2 angry guys. I had Gamble as a professor at NKU so some of the things he says make me laugh just because I know how he is in class and its the same way.

It seems lately that they have cut back on the amount of songs they play. When they first switched over to rock they didnt talk much at all.

I have some thoughts:

Angries - I don't consider it sports talk and whenever I turn it on they are NEVER talking about sports, as far as I am concerned they don't even apply to this group any longer.

Cutler - By far the best sports radio host, he is a natural. I like the strong opinions (agree or disagree). My only knock is he comes off a little arrogant at times but that is by no means a deal breaker. I think he does fantastic interviews.

Mo - Intelligent and articulate but he either needs a good sidekick or he has to spend a lot more time preparing for his show each day. And I can't stand the woman with a lisp that is on his show. The powers that be need to dump her for a real partner.

Lance - I appreciate the effort and I generally like his show. However, he goes off sports too much and like gt I have noticed more shock jock stuff the last couple of years and I don't care for that. Lance also does great interviews. What I like best about Lance is I feel like he is my friend (I have never met him).

Doc - I have very few flight hours on this model and I don't see that changing any.