(Sports) Talk Radio in Cincy Changing????

letabrotherspeak

Angry Guys- hate the music don't listen any more

Cutman is solid but gets on my nerves.

Do like Mike and Mike on ESPN- watch on ESPN 2 getting ready then pick them up in the car on the way to work

Mo- don't listen to him switch over to listen to Mikey boy on the big one

Lance is good well prepared. Some of his takes do go overboard.

Doc- Either read his article the next day in the paper or listen to his show. You can't do both because they are usually the same.

Tracy/Eddie- ok

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss extra innings with Tracy. That was a great show if you can understand his side jokes with regular callers, very good show.

The Cutman is decent. I am not a fan of Doc. I reallt did like the angry guys, but now it has become pointless to even listen it barely resembles a sports talk radio show.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to sit around all day long and listen to sports talk radio, let alone learn a particular station's lineup like that.

I mostly listen when I am in my car at work and if you want local sports talk we don't have many choices.

Anyone can listen to this stuff by downloading a podcast and be your own judge:

1530 Homer Podcasts

I mostly listen when I am in my car at work and if you want local sports talk we don't have many choices.

Anyone can listen to this stuff by downloading a podcast and be your own judge:

1530 Homer Podcasts

I might catch sports talk for about 10 minutes a day, and that's while I'm in the shower. It just gets too repetitive for me.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to sit around all day long and listen to sports talk radio, let alone learn a particular station's lineup like that.

Do you know the sports staff at the publications and sites you read??? :p

I have some thoughts:

Angries - I don't consider it sports talk and whenever I turn it on they are NEVER talking about sports, as far as I am concerned they don't even apply to this group any longer.

Cutler - By far the best sports radio host, he is a natural. I like the strong opinions (agree or disagree). My only knock is he comes off a little arrogant at times but that is by no means a deal breaker. I think he does fantastic interviews.

Mo - Intelligent and articulate but he either needs a good sidekick or he has to spend a lot more time preparing for his show each day. And I can't stand the woman with a lisp that is on his show. The powers that be need to dump her for a real partner.

Lance - I appreciate the effort and I generally like his show. However, he goes off sports too much and like gt I have noticed more shock jock stuff the last couple of years and I don't care for that. Lance also does great interviews. What I like best about Lance is I feel like he is my friend (I have never met him).

Doc - I have very few flight hours on this model and I don't see that changing any.

I totally agree with all points here. Angrys are trying to be the new WEBN with their raunchy talk. You can tell their hands are tied and they are doing something they probably dislike altogether. Skinner lives and breathes sports and to hear him have to act that way sometimes even pains me.

I dont listen to any sports radio anymore to be quite honest. I wish they would bring back The Fish. I always enjoyed him back in the days of THE BOB.

Lance is annoying at times but he doesn seem like a very friendly guy and someone I could knock back some frosty ones with and talk sports.

I miss extra innings with Tracy. That was a great show if you can understand his side jokes with regular callers, very good show.

The Cutman is decent. I am not a fan of Doc. I reallt did like the angry guys, but now it has become pointless to even listen it barely resembles a sports talk radio show.

That's what I miss the most, Richard and the rest of the crew made me laugh more than a few times over the past couple seasons.

Andy is doing some work for 1160 AM. I'm not sure he wants to do a full three hour show any more...

Andy is now the Internet Sales Director for the Jake Sweeney dealerships in Cincinnati.

I might catch sports talk for about 10 minutes a day, and that's while I'm in the shower. It just gets too repetitive for me.

I agree. I am a huge sports fan but sports talk bores me. I remember when WSCR (The Score) signed on in Chicago. I thought it would be great but I quickly tired of the same topics over and over. This was in 1991 and sports talk still hasn't grown on me.

I agree. I am a huge sports fan but sports talk bores me. I remember when WSCR (The Score) signed on in Chicago. I thought it would be great but I quickly tired of the same topics over and over. This was in 1991 and sports talk still hasn't grown on me.

I agree completely.

I heard a guy today say that the Reds should dump Dunn and sign Jose Guillen. That pretty much sums up sports talk radio for me.

The poor Angry Guys are not sports anymore unless you go to Dickman's on Wed. nights and they have sports guests there. But you cannot hear them that well.

Lance, has gotten away from what made hime a very good sports talk host. The best thing about Lance is his blog on 1530's website.

Mo, is getting a little better but I don't like him that well. He needs callers and does not get that many, so he has to rant and rave alot.

Cuttler is just Cuttler, the one thing about him is he does a very good interview.

Doc, I don't listen to.

I like Colin Cowheard (sp.) on ESPN radio much better than Rome. I listen to him when I am close enough to No. Ky to get it.