Best QB in NKY?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bardo will not dethrone Tony G. You can bet on it

Has Tony ever actually played a down on varsity, Im not trying to be a wise guy, But I've never seen a stat, or heard a story.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Tony didn't get as much time as he would have wanted...but he made the most out of the snaps he did get. In games that the opponent was extremely talented on offense with quickness/speed, Clay Cecil was used at LB/CB and Tony would guide the O. (T-M in the Herbie) Primarily though, Tony was used to close out games but the "tools" are extremely evident. I believe there is a video on Rivals.com or Scout.com

Tony didn't get as much time as he would have wanted...but he made the most out of the snaps he did get. In games that the opponent was extremely talented on offense with quickness/speed, Clay Cecil was used at LB/CB and Tony would guide the O. (T-M in the Herbie) Primarily though, Tony was used to close out games but the "tools" are extremely evident. I believe there is a video on Rivals.com or Scout.com

Yes I saw that but it didnt show me any game footage, as you know my boy worked out with him early in the spring, and said he has skills. Heres what I wonder, with just mop up time, is he riding his name to the dance? Like I said never saw the kid play a down, but , what a team to cut your teeth with!

The name CERTAINLY doesn't hurt him any! (lol). He would have started at most any other HS in NKY last year. And the same could be said of his back-up for this year. I'll concede the point that Tony will also have the "tools" around him this year to put up outstanding numbers...If Dale leaves him in long enough (lol). It's always difficult at HHS to put up the "eye-popping" individual stats. Dale walks the fine line of letting "stars" get their numbers vs. running up the scores vs seasoning underclassmen.

Has Tony ever actually played a down on varsity, Im not trying to be a wise guy, But ive never seen a stat, or heard a story.

Tony threw a long game winner against Trotwood Madison and he played a lot against Ryle. He also looked great in the spring. Put it this way, if there is a better QB in NKY this year they are All State material.

Tony threw a long game winner against Trotwood Madison and he played a lot against Ryle. He also looked great in the spring. Put it this way, if there is a better QB in NKY this year they are All State material.

Wow... this is quite an endorsement!!!! I am glad to hear that Tony G. is progressing very well in preparation for his (likely) starting QB job this fall.

Man... with everything that's been said about CCH's Isler and HHS' Guidugli, it definitely sounds like things are shaping up for a heckuva showdown between these two players and teams in 2008!

Has Tony ever actually played a down on varsity, Im not trying to be a wise guy, But I've never seen a stat, or heard a story.
I just watched the Highlands-Beechwood scrimmage and he looked quite well against your tigers last year.

Does #26 return for the tigers this year? He seem to have a good motor towards rushing the qb. If so he could be one of the top lineman in NKY this year.

Thanks Guys!

I just watched the Highlands-Beechwood scrimmage and he looked quite well against your tigers last year.

Does #26 return for the tigers this year? He seem to have a good motor towards rushing the qb. If so he could be one of the top lineman in NKY this year.

I think your speaking of Drew Davis. He was a sr. last year and will de playing for the Lou Cards this year

• 1 month later...

Tony Guidugli from HHS has improved a ton since last year.. I thought Bardo and Guidugli were about even from what I saw last year. IMO Tony will be the best QB in NKY this year. He has all the intangibles to be outstanding...I have watched Tony play a few times in 7 on 7 this summer. He by far has looked the best out of all the qb's I have seen......not even close..:thumb::thumb:

Tony Guidugli from HHS has improved a ton since last year.. I thought Bardo and Guidugli were about even from what I saw last year. IMO Tony will be the best QB in NKY this year. He has all the intangibles to be outstanding...I have watched Tony play a few times in 7 on 7 this summer. He by far has looked the best out of all the qb's I have seen......not even close..:thumb::thumb:

I have heard that whoever throws it for Highlands this year will be throwing it early and often!!!!!!