Best QB in NKY?

Icler will be solid. He had a good year last year and now that Brossart can open his whole playbook and not just run left, run right, run up the middle, throw two passes a game Icler should have an even better year than last. It will also help having an offensive line. Cov Cath will have decent skill players but will not be as good as last year. Voet, Furnish, and Van Sant don't match up to Punch, Schneider, Cason, and Klare from last year.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Season CovCath had some good wide recievers in Punch, Klare, Schneider, and Cason. But I think Robinson, Vansant, Furnish, Voet, and the Soph Connelly will a better group. I don't think Ice will have the best numbers in Nky because CovCath is going to run the ball a lot this year, but he will be amongst the top.

Last Season CovCath had some good wide recievers in Punch, Klare, Schneider, and Cason. But I think Robinson, Vansant, Furnish, Voet, and the Soph Connelly will a better group. I don't think Ice will have the best numbers in Nky because CovCath is going to run the ball a lot this year, but he will be amongst the top.

I disagree that this group will be better. I dont think one of them has had varsity time at wide receiver. Isler will be a solid QB, but I just don't see them having any real threats to throw to besides Van Sant.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Has Tony ever actually played a down on varsity, Im not trying to be a wise guy, But I've never seen a stat, or heard a story.

Get use to it at Highlands. At least for the next 3 yrs. The days of 2 yr starting QB's just came to a screeching halt. Sr -Tony goes this year, Jr-Bardo goes next year and Soph -Abner goes the third year. Dale is licking his chops with this threesome of QB's. :thumb:

Has Tony ever actually played a down on varsity, Im not trying to be a wise guy, But I've never seen a stat, or heard a story.

True, Tony G. was not a headline-making starter last year, but he got a great deal of varsity playing time this past year. He played well when given the chance in 2007. Heck, he threw the winning TD pass in the big game against Trotwood-Madison at the Herbie last year, playing a lot of QB while Cecil played on defense in that game.

Something tells me that Tony G. is just chomping at the bit to get out there and really prove himself as a first-rate high school QB during his senior year. From what I've heard, the competitive spirit runs deep in the Guidugli family and I'd bet he's getting ready to assume his "proper place" within the clan!

...Exciting times at Highlands!

Watch out for Chris Grosser @ WR...he used to be Rock Star Robbie's favorite reciever in FTJFL! And he has great hands and can fly! Will Ben Paar be a reciever? Nice big target there!

Yes, Paar will be playing WR this year for the Breds

True, Tony G. was not a headline-making starter last year, but he got a great deal of varsity playing time this past year. He played well when given the chance in 2007. Heck, he threw the winning TD pass in the big game against Trotwood-Madison at the Herbie last year, playing a lot of QB while Cecil played on defense in that game.

Something tells me that Tony G. is just chomping at the bit to get out there and really prove himself as a first-rate high school QB during his senior year. From what I've heard, the competitive spirit runs deep in the Guidugli family and I'd bet he's getting ready to assume his "proper place" within the clan!

...Exciting times at Highlands!

I agree, good post. Tony G will get the opportunity to show what he can do this year and it will be nice having Josh Connor there as a target for swing passes. I can see Josh really padding Tony G's stats this year with severals 5 yrd passes that end up in 60 yrd TD's.

I agree, good post. Tony G will get the opportunity to show what he can do this year and it will be nice having Josh Connor there as a target for swing passes. I can see Josh really padding Tony G's stats this year with severals 5 yrd passes that end up in 60 yrd TD's.

If Tony G. does hold onto the starting position, will Bardo be a TE, WR, LB, CB, S, or part time QB????

If Tony G. does hold onto the starting position, will Bardo be a TE, WR, LB, CB, S, or part time QB????

There is no if...He has looked really good in the 7 on 7 this year..Bardo has been playing some WR and CB...:ylsuper:

There is no if...He has looked really good in the 7 on 7 this year..Bardo has been playing some WR and CB...:ylsuper:

Tony is a SR, he is poised to be the best QB in NKY this season. Bardo is such an athlete they will find a way to have him on the field as well. Nice to have these types of problems. :banana:

Tony is a SR, he is poised to be the best QB in NKY this season. Bardo is such an athlete they will find a way to have him on the field as well. Nice to have these types of problems. :banana:

I think Kues and Isler will have a little something to say about who the best qb in nky is...;)