Best QB in NKY?

I saw the picture of Tony Guidugli in the most recent Inside Fort Thomas. Has he really beefed up since last season? In the DVD clips I've seen of Tony G. in last season's games, his arms didn't look nearly as big as they do in this recent picture!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the picture of Tony Guidugli in the most recent Inside Fort Thomas. Has he really beefed up since last season? In the DVD clips I've seen of Tony G. in last season's games, his arms didn't look nearly as big as they do in this recent picture!

I saw him this past basketball season. He's a big kid - Ben G big.

I think Isler has the most experience and the best arm but what really hurts him is his mobility. The thing about Kues and Gudugli is that they are both quick and can move around the pocket. Isler is more of just a drop back passer. All it will take is a quick defensive line, CovCath's line isnt very quick but they are big. If Isler is rushed to throw than he will have alot of trouble completing a pass, he has a slow release and needs time.

IMO if Zach wasn't such a good baseball player, he'd be a much better qb than he is now - and I think he's a fine high school qb. If baseball didn't take up so much time it would allow him to work with a coach who can teach him proper football mechanics. He would teach him to not throw off the back foot so much, turn the shoulders more , and not to throw it like a baseball so much.

How will the loss of their top WR affect him?

Bishop will do just fine as the #1 WR this year. The loss of Studer will hurt but he wasn't the #1 until Griffen graduated, now Bishop gets his turn. The Camels have been blessed with terriffic wideouts the last few years and this years group should keep that trend alive.

The junior from Campbell Co. Is pretty impressive. He played QB most of the year, last year at varsity,as a sophomore. He has a great arm, great speed, he is 6'2" at least. He may need another year to really shine, but he has the potential, if they leave him under center.

Just looking back on some post. Have you seen them lately. You may want to re-think your opinion. Robinson and Vansant will be one of the best tandums in NKY. Robinson is fast and smooth with very good feet. His hands have improved a lot since last year. The other receivers are very athletic. Hold on to your hat. If Isler can keep from throwing the ball into the ground like he did early in the season last year (to much over the top motion from all the baseball), CovCath will put up big numbers by the end of the year.

Sometimes the smartest thing a quarterback can do is throw the ball away or into the ground. Trying to squeeze a ball into double coverage or taking a sack are much worse than an incomplete pass.