May 27, 200818 yr Coury played the same amount of minutes as many "mop up" players. The only difference is that Coury's two+ minutes came at the start of the game. I guess Billy G. was rewarding the big fella for the hard work that he put forth during practice. Plus I think it just became habit and he did not want to mess with the rotation. Maybe a supersticious type thing.
May 28, 200818 yr What I have read about the situation is it probably IS NOT basketball related. Maybe he just wants to get closer to home or has an educational opportunity that can't be gained at UK. Happens all the time.
May 28, 200818 yr Uh oh, we're losing a starter. Terrible!! Doubt it ever happened to any other program:rolleyes:
May 28, 200818 yr Wouldn't be a starter or big contributor shortly, anyway. Got the nod because we had few other options. Wish him the best in whatever he does.
May 28, 200818 yr He seems like he's a good guy, but it was insanely frustrating watching him play, even the little bit he did. i can't see how he can be unhappy with the PT he got, considering it was more than he would have gotten at any other big-time school.
May 28, 200818 yr If he leaves, I wish him the best. I, also appreciate the effort he gave last year.
May 31, 200818 yr Mark Coury appeared in every game and started 29 of them. Don't think it was because of his talent that he started. I also don't think he would get to play very much next year.
May 31, 200818 yr That's what LEGENDS do What do legends do? Get drafted & sit on the bench for Orlando & then demand more minutes like he's a good NBA player????
May 31, 200818 yr What do legends do? Get drafted & sit on the bench for Orlando & then demand more minutes like he's a good NBA player????Wrong player... you're late to the party.
May 31, 200818 yr What do legends do? Get drafted & sit on the bench for Orlando & then demand more minutes like he's a good NBA player???? :laugh: RP tries poking a little fun at himself, then you try and insult him but pick the wrong player. Classic..... Any updates on Coury? I really feel bad for him. Maybe it is just the way that he looks, but every time I saw him on campus he just looked so depressed.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.