May 16, 200818 yr Didn't we have this same conversation last year? The Yankess are battling through injuries. I'm sure they'll make a few deals before the trade deadline and right the ship. They seem to start off slow the past few years and get hot right around all star break.
May 16, 200818 yr By a whopping 4.5 games...:rolleyes: :thumb::lol: What did it go to last season, something like 9-10 games? The Yankes get Posada and A-Rod back and healthy along with some others they imo will be right there in contention.
May 16, 200818 yr Hopefully the Yanks will bite, when the Reds are ready to deal Done...Or is it Dunn? I don't think that the Yankees would have that big of a use for Dunn. Imo he could only DH and with what the Yanks have already got I just don't think that they would go for him. Their offense will be there, they need to work on the pitching staff imo. I believe that they have some good pitching for the future with some of the young arms they have now. Hopefully they will get them going for this season as well. Like AJG said earlier, the heart and soul of this team is JETER, Posada and Rivera. A-Rod coming back healthy will ceretainly be needed that goes without saying, but right now I believe tha they really need Posada back as another leader and example in that dugout.
May 16, 200818 yr :thumb::lol: What did it go to last season, something like 9-10 games? The Yankes get Posada and A-Rod back and healthy along with some others they imo will be right there in contention. They won't if they don't get something out of their #4 and #5 starters. Clemens won't be coming in to bolster their rotation this season. I don't know how confident I would be if I were a Yankee fan this season. Last season saw their level of play slip from Division Champs to the Wild Card--a little bit more of a slip and they could easily miss the postseason altogether. Something else to ponder--Mussina changed his style a few starts ago and has been very successful with it which for now is a good thing. However, teams are just seeing his new, control oriented (read:fluff) style for the first time and have been caught off guard. Once the advance scouts pass along his tendencies I don't know if he'll be able to get by throwing 85 MPH and he's already proven that he can't get by as a power pitcher anymore. It wouldn't shock me to see him get lit up when teams catch on. Pettitte is also far from a sure thing--I just don't like the makeup of this Yankee team--especially if Posada is out for a long time.
May 16, 200818 yr Didn't we have this same conversation last year? The Yankess are battling through injuries. I'm sure they'll make a few deals before the trade deadline and right the ship. They seem to start off slow the past few years and get hot right around all star break. We did and all we heard was how early it was and how the Yankees would right the ship and win the Division yet again. Though they did get the Wildcard they weren't able to win the East and it wouldn't take much of a slip to miss out altogether this season.
May 16, 200818 yr Hank Steinbrenner must be saying "I didn't even know we had a basement." Hank Steinbrenner is an absolute joke. Are you Yankee fans embarassed by him? If not, you should be--he's definately the Fredo Corleone of the Steinbrenner Family. Recently he said that the Yankee Players should start earning their money and they should play more like the Rays. I know that the Rays are a good young team and currently in first place but would George, under any circumstances, say that the proud Yankee Franchise should be more like Tampa? NO WAY. Also he demanded that Joba be moved to the rotation immediately. Where is he? The bullpen. He wrote off A-Rod and said there would be no further negotiations with him. Where is he? Back in Pinstripes. He all but guaranteed that Santana would be a Yankee. Where is he? Pitching for the Mets. Does anyone listen to Hank--except Hank? I'm starting to miss George, at least when he went off and vented as an opponent you had to wonder what he would do to get you. Hank comes off more like Saddam Hussein with his "line of death" and "mother of all battles" threats--he doesn't really scare anyone. Well, except maybe Cashman.
May 16, 200818 yr Unless they are giving up Joba (which they won't), they don't have anything to offer the Reds. Do the Reds really need much for Dunn, other than gettin rid of his contract? If they are are able to trade him, I don't think it would take much.
May 16, 200818 yr Do the Reds really need much for Dunn, other than gettin rid of his contract? If they are are able to trade him, I don't think it would take much. I would HATE for the Yanks to get Dunner for nothing, and then turn into a really good player. I can't stand the Yankees. Any other team, I would say no, they don't need much, just not them. :thumb:
May 16, 200818 yr ^ I just wasn't sure if it would be Joes Gym or you to start something on this :lol:. I will remind that the Yanks started out pretty bad last year and just about came all the way back. I said it last season and I will say it again, don't be suprised if they are in it by seasons end with a chance to win it again. As Yogi would say, "it ain't over till it's over". GO YANKEES!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
May 16, 200818 yr I can't say that I'm displeased that 1/4 of the way into the season, the Brawnx Bawmers are occupying the cellar. However, I'm more pleased that the frugal Rays are in the penthouse. Neither will be the case in September.
May 16, 200818 yr If they dont make the playoffs watch out for the manager he may be looking for a new job already because they dont take losing very well.
May 16, 200818 yr WOO HOO!!! GO AWAY HANK STEINBRENNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.