Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Yankees Are in Last Place!

Featured Replies

Its a great day in the baseball world. Go Red Sox!

 

Rays send Yanks to AL East cellar

 

Music blared in the Tampa Bay clubhouse and four large, flat-screen televisions mounted around a column in the middle of the room were tuned to the same in-house channel displaying the AL East standings. The surprising Rays are on top, and the sputtering Yankees are on the bottom. No one was gloating, though. "I want us to celebrate hard for 30 minutes postgame and then move on. I want us to dwell on a loss for no more than 30 minutes," manager Joe Maddon said after Thursday's 5-2 victory dumped New York into the cellar.:dancingpa

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I just wasn't sure if it would be Joes Gym or you to start something on this :lol:. I will remind that the Yanks started out pretty bad last year and just about came all the way back. I said it last season and I will say it again, don't be suprised if they are in it by seasons end with a chance to win it again.

 

As Yogi would say, "it ain't over till it's over". :D

 

GO YANKEES!!!

  • Author
^ I just wasn't sure if it would be Joes Gym or you to start something on this :lol:. I will remind that the Yanks started out pretty bad last year and just about came all the way back. I said it last season and I will say it again, don't be suprised if they are in it by seasons end with a chance to win it again.

 

As Yogi would say, "it ain't over till it's over". :D

 

GO YANKEES!!!

 

You mean to tell me you like the Yankees AND O$U? :scared:

It's never over, especially when A-Rod comes back healthy.

You mean to tell me you like the Yankees AND O$U? :scared:

 

Yessirrr! About as crazy as you with the Red Sox and that team up North called Meatchicken.

"Pride, Passion and Pinstripes" and "Tressel rules, U.M. drules"

Hopefully the Yanks will bite, when the Reds are ready to deal Done...Or is it Dunn?

Hopefully the Yanks will bite, when the Reds are ready to deal Done...Or is it Dunn?

 

I don't think that they Yankees have anywhere to play Dunn. They've got a roster full of DHs/Outfielders/Firstbasemen.

 

There's a good chance that when Posada comes back he'll have to DH a lot and they've already got Cabrera, Damon, Abreu, Giambi, and Duncan for 4 positions. They aren't going to give up much for a half season rental on Dunn when he isn't guaranteed at bats.

I am confident the bats will turn around once everyone gets healthy, but Hughes and Kennedy have been HUGE dissapointments. The Yanks season hinged upon these two guys being able to deliver, and they failed. It is not looking good for the Yanks this season.

It's never over, especially when A-Rod comes back healthy.

 

They had A-Rod all last season and they actually played their worst when he was his hottest. He had that monster April and it was the team's worst month of the season. I actually think that they are missing Posada more than A-Rod. Posada, Jeter and Rivera are the heart and soul of that team. Their biggest problem is their #4 and #5 starters. Kennedy, Hughes and Igawa went 0-8 in those spots. Bruney and Rasner have been better but I don't think they are long term solutions.

They had A-Rod all last season and they actually played their worst when he was his hottest. He had that monster April and it was the team's worst month of the season. I actually think that they are missing Posada more than A-Rod. Posada, Jeter and Rivera are the heart and soul of that team. Their biggest problem is their #4 and #5 starters. Kennedy, Hughes and Igawa went 0-8 in those spots. Bruney and Rasner have been better but I don't think they are long term solutions.

Although there record was horrible when A-Rod was hot last season, he was the sole reason they won as many games as they did (which was not a lot). They did not turn it around until the rest of the team got going.

 

Kennedy and Hughes have been trainwrecks. Igawa is Igawa... I was not expecting a lot from him.

Hopefully the Yanks will bite, when the Reds are ready to deal Done...Or is it Dunn?

Unless they are giving up Joba (which they won't), they don't have anything to offer the Reds.

Unless they are giving up Joba (which they won't), they don't have anything to offer the Reds.

NY is suffering from years of overspending for so-called potential superstars like Giambi and Pavano. They have invested a lot more into securing their future prospects and have not taken the bait the past couple of years on players like Adam Dunn.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.