Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Yankees Are in Last Place!

Featured Replies

4 and half out of first and MVP/Catcher on the DL. May 16th. Comical.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 and half out of first and MVP/Catcher on the DL. May 16th. Comical.

 

 

Hey now AL, you kept telling me the same stuff last season, how it was early, the Yanks had injuries, Clemens was coming back etc. and how the Yankees would catch and pass the Red Sox by the end. That didn't exactly happen did it? ;)

Yankees take it on the chin again tonight. 12-2 at the Stadium against the Orioles. They're now 7.5 back and only 9-12 at home. If George is still ambulatory he's gotta be ready to blow.

They won't if they don't get something out of their #4 and #5 starters. Clemens won't be coming in to bolster their rotation this season. I don't know how confident I would be if I were a Yankee fan this season. Last season saw their level of play slip from Division Champs to the Wild Card--a little bit more of a slip and they could easily miss the postseason altogether.

 

As a yankee fan I must say that you make some very good points, I agree that they have to get more production out of their 4 and 5 starters. Right now the Yanks need more production out of everyone.

 

Watching the highlights from tonight, it was ugly. Things are bad in the Bronx but I am not giving up hope anytime soon. These are still the Yankees and imo they will get things lined out and hopefully will not be too far out before they do. This team can certainly still make the postseason.

 

Jeter gets plucked tonight fully he will not miss too many games, the x-rays were negative. The Yanks just got A-Rod back and I would hate to lose Jeter for any length of time or at all. Wth Jeter going down, then a retaliation and the benches clearing maybe this in some way will wake the Yankees up. By the way, I in no way agree with going at the head of the Oriole batter but I definately agree with the retaliation. He missed on the first try before and shouldn't have. He should have made sure that it drilled him in the back between the numbers, no way should he go at the head on the next pitch.

 

As for Clemens......no, I don't think that we will be seeing him again :sssh:, maybe if we let him bring tickets to a country music show :eek::lol:

As a yankee fan I must say that you make some very good points, I agree that they have to get more production out of their 4 and 5 starters. Right now the Yanks need more production out of everyone.

 

Watching the highlights from tonight, it was ugly. Things are bad in the Bronx but I am not giving up hope anytime soon. These are still the Yankees and imo they will get things lined out and hopefully will not be too far out before they do. This team can certainly still make the postseason.

 

Jeter gets plucked tonight fully he will not miss too many games, the x-rays were negative. The Yanks just got A-Rod back and I would hate to lose Jeter for any length of time or at all. Wth Jeter going down, then a retaliation and the benches clearing maybe this in some way will wake the Yankees up. By the way, I in no way agree with going at the head of the Oriole batter but I definately agree with the retaliation. He missed on the first try before and shouldn't have. He should have made sure that it drilled him in the back between the numbers, no way should he go at the head on the next pitch.

 

As for Clemens......no, I don't think that we will be seeing him again :sssh:, maybe if we let him bring tickets to a country music show :eek::lol:

 

Yeah, its too early to give up hope but they look really bad right now. I don't blame Hawkins for trying to retaliate after Jeter was hit but he crossed the line when he missed with the first one and then threw one over the batter's head. Doing that will just end up getting another Yankees hitter drilled in all likelyhood.

^ After they nailed Jeter I would have been very upset if the Yankees hadn't has gone after someone ;), imo a pitcher has to protect his teammate, especially your Yankee Captain.............. Jeter.

Like I said and agree that in no way should he have went around the head at all.

Hopefully when Joba is ready he can fill in one of those spots at the back of the rotation with some solid starts.

I have never liked the Yankees, so I'm enjoying it. And contrary to OR, I don't they will make a strong finish this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.