Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Week 6)

Featured Replies

Ya know, to spice things up I may start the next Track the Reds thread..Wonder how that'll work out?

  • Replies 311
  • Views 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya know, to spice things up I may start the next Track the Reds thread..Wonder how that'll work out?

 

Right now it wouldnt matter if Johnny Bench started the thread.

Between the Reds,Batcats and the Lexington Legends,it was not a good day.:irked:

With the Reds riding another 5 game losing streak, they back home to play the Cubs in a 3 game homestand. My question is will the Reds fans show up for support,cause the Reds sure do need it.

With the Reds riding another 5 game losing streak, they back home to play the Cubs in a 3 game homestand. My question is will the Reds fans show up for support,cause the Reds sure do need it.

 

There could end up being around 30 thousand at the game, too bad over half of them will be Cubs fans. :lol:

With the Reds riding another 5 game losing streak, they back home to play the Cubs in a 3 game homestand. My question is will the Reds fans show up for support,cause the Reds sure do need it.

 

They haven't all year, I don't know why that would change now. I'd say the attendance will in fact be up a little for the series. However, I think most of the additional fans will be wearing Cubs paraphernalia--good chance they'll be louder than the home town fans.

There could end up being around 30 thousand at the game, too bad over half of them will be Cubs fans. :lol:

 

No, we're not looking at that kind of support.;)

No, we're not looking at that kind of support.;)

 

Wait until the Red Sox series, it'll be really bad then.

Wait until the Red Sox series, it'll be really bad then.

 

Yep, 3 straight sellouts and only 10,000 at each game will be Reds fans. :lol:

  • Author
Ya know, to spice things up I may start the next Track the Reds thread..Wonder how that'll work out?

 

 

It will get deleted. :D:p

  • Author
Why do I keep trying?

 

 

I don't know. :sssh::lol:

  • Author

OK, after sleeping on it, here is what I would do if I were Jocketty.

 

I would trade both Dunn and Griffey, and get whatever I could from them. It's not going to be much, but you get rid of their salaries. I would try to get someone with speed, and a good OBP if at all possible. It would probably have to be a minor leaguer, but that would be what I shoot for. I would get rid of Patterson, and activate Hopper, and I would call up Jay Bruce, and let him learn on the job. This is the lineup Dusty should go with.

 

Hopper-CF

Keppy-SS

Votto-LF

Phillips-2B

Hatteberg-1B

Encarnacion-3B

Bruce-RF

Bako-C

Chicago (18-13) got off to one of baseball’s best start on the heels of winning the NL Central title last season, winning 15 of its first 21 games. But the Cubs are just 3-7 since despite having outscored opponents 56-43.

 

The problem seems to be offensive consistency. Chicago averages a major league-best 6.1 runs, but it also has been on the winning end of some extremely lopsided scores. The Cubs have averaged 8.6 runs and outscored their opponents by nearly five runs in their 18 wins, but they’ve put up just 2.7 runs per game in their 13 losses.

 

Reds right fielder Ken Griffey Jr. remains three homers shy of 600 for his career, and he’s been stuck on 597 for the last nine games. He’s hitting .167 with one RBI in that stretch.

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=280505117

OK, after sleeping on it, here is what I would do if I were Jocketty.

 

I would trade both Dunn and Griffey, and get whatever I could from them. It's not going to be much, but you get rid of their salaries. I would try to get someone with speed, and a good OBP if at all possible. It would probably have to be a minor leaguer, but that would be what I shoot for. I would get rid of Patterson, and activate Hopper, and I would call up Jay Bruce, and let him learn on the job. This is the lineup Dusty should go with.

 

Hopper-CF

Keppy-SS

Votto-LF

Phillips-2B

Hatteberg-1B

Encarnacion-3B

Bruce-RF

Bako-C

 

Your 1st basemen needs a cane to get around. This will be the slowest team in history!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.