May 5, 200818 yr Author Your 1st basemen needs a cane to get around. This will be the slowest team in history! It's no slower that the team they are running out there right now. As a matter of fact it has a little more speed in it, and this lineup will be a much better hitting lineup.
May 5, 200818 yr It's no slower that the team they are running out there right now. As a matter of fact it has a little more speed in it, and this lineup will be a much better hitting lineup. That would then make them what? Tallest of the midgets?:lol: Hopper is maybe the only improvement. And that's a huge ?
May 5, 200818 yr Author That would then make them what? Tallest of the midgets?:lol: Hopper is maybe the only improvement. And that's a huge ? You said it would be the slowest team in history, and I pointed out that it would be quicker than the current lineup they run out there. It would also hit for a much higher average.
May 5, 200818 yr That would be truly amazing and awesome if they managed to rid themselves of both Griffey AND Dunn. I wouldn't have a problem with that lineup, except for Hatteberg. No way he should play everyday. Keep Votto at first and find a cheap, free agent fill in at LF until you find something better.
May 5, 200818 yr Author That would be truly amazing and awesome if they managed to rid themselves of both Griffey AND Dunn. I wouldn't have a problem with that lineup, except for Hatteberg. No way he should play everyday. Keep Votto at first and find a cheap, free agent fill in at LF until you find something better. Hey, I'm all for calling up one of the AA outfielders (Cumberland, Henry, or Symanski) and seeing what they can do, but I'm not going to push it. I'd be happy just to see Bruce called up, and let us see what he can do. Anything would be more exciting to have to watch Griffey Jr. or Dunn go thru the motions any more.
May 5, 200818 yr Hey, I'm all for calling up one of the AA outfielders (Cumberland, Henry, or Symanski) and seeing what they can do, but I'm not going to push it. I'd be happy just to see Bruce called up, and let us see what he can do. Anything would be more exciting to have to watch Griffey Jr. or Dunn go thru the motions any more. Are you implying that they don't care??? :scared::scared: :lol: The Dunn going golfing story from last year is all I need to know about his "character" and how much he cares. Good riddance, I hope he signs with a major market team and gets eaten alive. :thumb:
May 5, 200818 yr Sad thing is that we are still light years from seeing playoff game in Cincy. After the 99 season, the addition of JR was supposed to get them there. Then we had Kearns, Dunn, and Lopez, the next coming. None of it worked, and they may be going back to square one. Some point to the minors as being stonger than ever. May be true, but when I scour the AAA roster, I'm not too impressed. AA may be better, but those guys are a couple of years away. I am for blowing it up though. Jocketty has his work cut out. That's for sure.
May 5, 200818 yr Are you implying that they don't care??? :scared::scared: :lol: The Dunn going golfing story from last year is all I need to know about his "character" and how much he cares. Good riddance, I hope he signs with a major market team and gets eaten alive. :thumb: I've been telling you guys for years about Dunn. He's a lazy slob.
May 5, 200818 yr Author I've been telling you guys for years about Dunn. He's a lazy slob. Were we really supposed to take a guy who thought the right field position was a 7 when scoring seriously? :sssh:
May 5, 200818 yr Dunn may be in decline, and if he is, it was predictable. I remember posting here two or three years ago that Dunn may be a guy that started to decline early because of his skill set. Guys like him (no speed and defense, lots of walks and power) usually don't age very well. The Reds could have gotten a lot for Dunn two years ago, but the market for him has dried up considerably. Still, there's no reason to think that Dunn will be this bad for the entire season ... after all, he's just 28. And there is no reason to simply give the guy away because he's off to a bad start.
May 5, 200818 yr Still, there's no reason to think that Dunn will be this bad for the entire season ... after all, he's just 28. And there is no reason to simply give the guy away because he's off to a bad start. He will get his 40 home runs, 100 RBI's, 100 walks and everything else. This is his contract year and he won't ask for anything less than 15 million per. I would be stunned if the Reds would be stupid enough to sign him to a 5 year 70 million dollar deal. You talk about the Griffey contract being an albatross on this team. If they are out of the race at the All Star break, you sell, sell, sell.
May 5, 200818 yr He will get his 40 home runs, 100 RBI's, 100 walks and everything else. This is his contract year and he won't ask for anything less than 15 million per. I would be stunned if the Reds would be stupid enough to sign him to a 5 year 70 million dollar deal. You talk about the Griffey contract being an albatross on this team. If they are out of the race at the All Star break, you sell, sell, sell. I didn't say the Reds should offer him a new contract, but if he continues to put up those types of numbers, the Reds would probably get a compensation draft pick if he leaves them as a free agent. Otherwise, you see what the market is for Dunn. If someone offers a quality prospect or two, the Reds would probably have no choice but to make the deal. Some people seem to be suggesting that the Reds jettison him immediately. That's not the best approach to take.
May 5, 200818 yr Some people seem to be suggesting that the Reds jettison him immediately. That's not the best approach to take. They can't, so it's not an issue...
May 5, 200818 yr Okay. They are who we thought they are. The Reds are still capable of winning some games. Hopefully LCRW has brought some luck, and they can take down the Cubbies:banana: They are still the team I have rooted for going on, well let's say a pretty long time. Go Reds:ylsuper:
May 5, 200818 yr Author Ryan Freel cf Ken Griffey Jr. rf Brandon Phillips 2b Joey Votto 1b Edwin Encarnacion 3b Adam Dunn lf Jeff Keppinger ss Paul Bako c Johnny Cueto p
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.