Best field in NKY and why?

Honestly I think it has alot to do with previous coaches at Conner. Not until Coach Arlinghaus came aboard last year was there even any concern of the shape of the field. With that being said, he can only do some much. Last year he was scolded by the board after he let parents put a new roof on the home team dug outs. Not to mention Bluegrass teams play home games there all summer. It would be nice to see the craters filled in the infield, but the outfield does seem to be in pretty decent shape this year.

Interesting............I know the coffers were left full for Coach Arlinghaus to spend on the field because past coaches weren't alllowed to. Heck, one coach had a sprinkler system donated, but wasn't allowed to install it. I know drainage was put in to make RF more playable, bullpens were built, dugout money was raised, mound was rebuilt from scratch, sod laid, field aerated, fertilized, overseeded on a yearly basis, 3 tons of infield conditioner purchased on a yearly basis. The left side of the infield was raised 14 inches through over 200 tons of dirt delivered and placed. The last coach got lambasted for putting in pressbox, and wasn't allowed to fix the scoreboard, much less purchase one. The title IX suit that was successful against the Boone County Schools back in the late 90's for softball really hamstrung the baseball programs.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood may have the one of the best infields around NKY.For a all dirt infield it is in pretty good shape .They tend to be able to play there when others get rained out also .Drains pretty well .

Beechwood may have one of the best all around fields .....COME NEXT YEAR !

I heard they might get turf. Any truth or are they going to get grass and make their infield look like the outfield?

If they keep it in the same location, I can't see it being to much better.

I've heard two different placements of the field. One, it will remain similiar to how it is now, but will be pushed back closer to the expressway. Two, home plate will be moved to the current left field corner. I heard a couple guys talking about it last night at the Beechwood/Bellevue game, and they were talking about pushing it back a little further and moving the fence back deeper into the parking lot back there. However, that leaves the building sticking out in left field.

I've heard two different placements of the field. One, it will remain similiar to how it is now, but will be pushed back closer to the expressway. Two, home plate will be moved to the current left field corner. I heard a couple guys talking about it last night at the Beechwood/Bellevue game, and they were talking about pushing it back a little further and moving the fence back deeper into the parking lot back there. However, that leaves the building sticking out in left field.

Just can't see where they have enough room to make major improvements. The viewing area for the fans is terrible right now. I wonder if they had a fundraiser or got a major donation because the plans I've heard (to reverse direction of the field and add in all these improvements) would be mighty costly. Here's hoping they do it, though, because their current field is very unappealing.