April 8, 200818 yr Rose vs Rush Douglas-Roberts vs Chalmers Dorsey vs Arthur I take the Memphis guy every time. Kansas had a better bench, a better coach, and a better team, but Memphis had the better talent. Memphis' front court was worn down and in foul trouble all night by Kansas' depth.... Memphis first 8 may be a little bit above Kanas' but Kansas has more great players than Memphis... That one guy Memphis brought in was large... I was already trying to think off a few teams that had that much talent and didn't win the championship... Memphis has at least 3 first rounders... Two possible lottery picks...
April 8, 200818 yr Memphis' front court was worn down and in foul trouble all night by Kansas' depth.... Memphis first 8 may be a little bit above Kanas' but Kansas has more great players than Memphis... That one guy Memphis brought in was large... Great players? No. Good players? Yes. That's why I gave Kansas the edge on depth.
April 8, 200818 yr I'll take Rose over the KU guards individually but the KU guards as a whole are much better than the core Memphis has. CDR-Rush is debatable, and I'll take Arthur over Dorsey as well as the entire front court for Kansas any day over Memphis.
April 8, 200818 yr Great players? No. Good players? Yes. That's why I gave Kansas the edge on depth. Kansas has great players. That is a roster full of McD's All Americans. Are Memphis' players a little better, yes. But Kansas still has great players. There are a whole whole lot of "good" players in college basketball...
April 8, 200818 yr Totally different, were you watching the game? Gillispie was complaining about his screener getting ran over--and it was legit. Calipari was complaining because the officials originally ruled that one of his players hit a 3 pointer. When they followed the rules and looked at it on instant replay it was obvious that he left the floor with one foot inside of the 3pt line. They then correctly changed it to a 2 point basket. He said that he would like to see that rule changed. How is that the same? If you think UK was lucky in 92 or 97 you must not have watched those games either. I was talking about Calipari talking about them not fouling at the end of the game or not getting the call. He said the changing the shot to a 2 very tounge in cheek. I did not say that the 92 or 97 team was lucky, they were lucky to be in those games at the end. 92 got beat by a better team and I was neve more proud of a Kentucky team and I was of that one, but nothing caused them to get beat other than a great shot. The 97 team got beat most of the game and made a nice shot to send it to OT. No fouls there to cause them to get beat. I think we are talking about way different things.
April 8, 200818 yr Kansas has great players. That is a roster full of McD's All Americans. Are Memphis' players a little better, yes. But Kansas still has great players. There are a whole whole lot of "good" players in college basketball...We just have different definitions of great players, then.
April 8, 200818 yr I'll take Rose over the KU guards individually but the KU guards as a whole are much better than the core Memphis has. CDR-Rush is debatable, and I'll take Arthur over Dorsey as well as the entire front court for Kansas any day over Memphis. Arthur has the edge in potential and offense. Dorsey has strength, experience, rebounding, leadership, defense, shot blocking, etc. As an overall Kansas' front court is probably the most deep in the nation. They bring that Aldrich kid off the bench as the fourth or fifth big man and he would start at all but about 10-15 schools in the country...
April 8, 200818 yr I'll take Rose over the KU guards individually but the KU guards as a whole are much better than the core Memphis has. CDR-Rush is debatable, and I'll take Arthur over Dorsey as well as the entire front court for Kansas any day over Memphis.That's just crazy talk.
April 8, 200818 yr We just have different definitions of great players, then. Actually thats what I was thinking too... It's such a subjective term...
April 8, 200818 yr :irked:I went to sleep last night after halftime and when I woke up today I was kicking myself after seeing the highlights on ESPN. :madman: All I can say is Memphis lost the game period. Memphis choked.
April 8, 200818 yr Kansas should put a statue of Chalmers somewhere on their campus. What a clutch, pressure shot!!
April 8, 200818 yr Bottom line is he's a choker. He couldn't get it done with UMASS when they had the best team in the country and now he blows it with Memphis when they are the best team in the country. You have got to be kidding me...UMass lost to one of the greatest college basketball teams ever in '96. No one in their right mind would say Calipari had the best team and choked that season... I don't understand how people can say he choked in '96 or last night...in 1996 he lost to a better team and last night his players blew it by missing foul shots and giving Kansas life. As for the talent argument, Derrick Rose is what separates Memphis and makes them a little better, IMO. Both teams have great talent and depth...Kansas had a little more quality depth, but Memphis has enough depth to where they shouldn't get worn down. The biggest difference is the quality depth Kansas has in the paint. However, Derrick Rose is far and away the most talented player on either team...as much as I like the KU guards and their depth, Rose gives Memphis a clear edge. I give Memphis the edge, but these two teams were a pretty close match, IMO. If they played 100 times I expect the majority of the games would be very competitive and close.
April 8, 200818 yr I don't understand how people can say he choked in '96 or last night...in 1996 he lost to a better team and last night his players blew it by missing foul shots and giving Kansas life. . Call a TO with 10.8 left and tell them foul when they get over half court. Call a TO with 2.1 left and set up a full court play. Call a TO when you are having trouble getting the ball inbounds instead of letting them steal the ball and hit a 3. Don't take 2 TO's into Overtime...
April 8, 200818 yr Does anybody else think CDR should have been T'd up after he slammed the ball? I understand the time of the game argument and blah blah blah, but that should have been a technical.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.