Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 75 Memphis 68

Featured Replies

Does anybody else think CDR should have been T'd up after he slammed the ball? I understand the time of the game argument and blah blah blah, but that should have been a technical.

 

I agree it could have been a T but what a huge call that would have been. It looked like the one ref was going to T him up but the other talked him out of it.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody else think CDR should have been T'd up after he slammed the ball? I understand the time of the game argument and blah blah blah, but that should have been a technical.

 

No way... If he was mad at the referee or showing up the ref I could see it. But definately not for something he did because he was frustrated with himself in that situation. Maybe if its December, not in April...

No way... If he was mad at the referee or showing up the ref I could see it. But definately not for something he did because he was frustrated with himself in that situation. Maybe if its December, not in April...

 

Rules are rules no matter when the game is or who he is mad at. If there is a different rulebook for either then I would like to see it. Slamming the ball like he did should be a T in any basketball league at any time.

Rules are rules no matter when the game is or who he is mad at. If there is a different rulebook for either then I would like to see it. Slamming the ball like he did should be a T in any basketball league at any time.

 

Then we'll have to agree to disagree...

Call a TO with 10.8 left and tell them foul when they get over half court. Call a TO with 2.1 left and set up a full court play. Call a TO when you are having trouble getting the ball inbounds instead of letting them steal the ball and hit a 3. Don't take 2 TO's into Overtime...

 

And yet none of that would have mattered had the players simply made their free throws down the stretch...they didn't even have to make them all. A couple would have made the Chalmers three an afterthought...

 

It's easy to say Calipari should have done this or that after the fact, but we don't know how any of that would have worked out. I know for a fact that Memphis would have won the game if the players had hit two more free throws...

 

If anyone choked, it was the players who couldn't get it done at the foul line, not Calipari...

And yet none of that would have mattered had the players simply made their free throws down the stretch...they didn't even have to make them all. A couple would have made the Chalmers three an afterthought...

 

It's easy to say Calipari should have done this or that after the fact, but we don't know how any of that would have worked out. I know for a fact that Memphis would have won the game if the players had hit two more free throws...

 

If anyone choked, it was the players who couldn't get it done at the foul line, not Calipari...

 

As much as I hate Calipari, I agree.

Does anybody else think CDR should have been T'd up after he slammed the ball? I understand the time of the game argument and blah blah blah, but that should have been a technical.

 

At 1st instant I did. But then I thought it was OK not to T him there. The officiating seemed to be inconsistent last night. Just brutal underneath. Tick tacks called a few times on the perimeter. I know the announcer brought up 3 from Memphis catching the ball after a made basket. He was doing it all game, never called.

As much as I hate Calipari, I agree.

 

I'm not a fan of Calipari either, but I was impressed with his coaching during the this tournament, particularly the final four...I just can't deny that.

That's just crazy talk.

I've never really bought into the Dorsey hype. I think he fits well with the system at Memphis but I don't look for his name to ever be mentioned much again... I've never really been impressed with his basketball skills the times I've seen him, he always wants to just bully people around the basket which works pretty well in CUSA but that's not going to cut it in the NBA.

 

Championship Game:

 

Dorsey: 6 points, 2 rebounds, 5 fouls that may have cost Memphis the game

 

Arthur: 20 points, 10 rebounds

 

I think the true fundamental skills of Arthur showed the flaws in Dorsey last night. Kansas played this game with 2 guys coming off the bench and Memphis played it with 1 guy off the bench, both using 3 big men with about equal playing time.

Arthur is MUCH more skilled on the offensive end than Dorsey (who is by far my least favorite player in college basketball).

For the record, I disagree with everyone on here who says Memphis has a more talented team than Kansas. Top to bottom they are the best team in the country as far as I'm concerned.

 

I agree.

And yet none of that would have mattered had the players simply made their free throws down the stretch...they didn't even have to make them all. A couple would have made the Chalmers three an afterthought...

 

It's easy to say Calipari should have done this or that after the fact, but we don't know how any of that would have worked out. I know for a fact that Memphis would have won the game if the players had hit two more free throws...

 

If anyone choked, it was the players who couldn't get it done at the foul line, not Calipari...

 

It is your job as the coach to do everything you can to win the game... Calipari didn't do it. The players should have made their free throws I agree, but Calipari has to get it done on the bench.

I've never really been impressed with his basketball skills the times I've seen him, he always wants to just bully people around the basket which works pretty well in CUSA but that's not going to cut it in the NBA.

.

 

 

May I ask if you have ever heard of someone by the name of Ben Wallace?

May I ask if you have ever heard of someone by the name of Ben Wallace?

Ben Wallace is one of the best rebounder's and shot blockers the game has ever seen. Please do not compare him to Dorsey.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.