Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 75 Memphis 68

Featured Replies

You can recruit the best team in the nation....but you have to motivate them to WIN! Roy and Cal need to take the hint.

 

:thumb:Absolutely, probably the two best recruiters in the country......End of Story.:D

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see it. He said what was on his mind. Does that make him a jerk? I am not a Calipari fan at all. Never could stand him. But I think he is handling himself very well.

 

So in effect you think that it is all class for him to say that I think thay we should have been allowed to win the game on a blown call and I don't like the fact that the referees used the existing rules and got the call right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That depends on you're definition of a coach. There is a heck of a difference between being a good recruiter and being a good game coach.

 

That is true. But it is a part. If you don't get the players you can be the best game coach. I have heard that argument on this website for a few years.

Yes, but only a part. You've hit on the key word. Self was lucky to have matched up against another average game coach tonight.

 

Believe it or not, Self made the best in game coaching move of the night forcing Memphis to actually prove themself at the free throw line when the game was on the line. They failed, they lost.

Believe it or not, Self made the best in game coaching move of the night forcing Memphis to actually prove themself at the free throw line when the game was on the line. They failed, they lost.

 

Given the national attention to Memphis' free throw woes for the last 2 months or so, and being down 9 points it didn't take a genius to figure that out. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, Self made the best in game coaching move of the night forcing Memphis to actually prove themself at the free throw line when the game was on the line. They failed, they lost.

It may have been the best move but that doesn't make it anything special. There isn't a college bball fan in the country that doesn't know Memphis is awful from the line.

So in effect you think that it is all class for him to say that I think thay we should have been allowed to win the game on a blown call and I don't like the fact that the referees used the existing rules and got the call right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

Heat of the moment. If I was in that situation and I would be taking up for my kids. You need to think about the situation he is in. Give him a little room. I remember a certain Kentucky coach that acted the same way after a SEC tourney game. Do you think the same way about him?

So they are good recruiters. Isn't that part of being a great coach?

The bolded part is the key phrase............only part of it, Cal doesn't have the other parts.

There is a heck of a difference between being a good recruiter and being a good game coach.

:thumb:

Yes, but only a part. You've hit on the key word. Self was lucky to have matched up against another average game coach tonight.

 

:thumb: Self imo is a very good coach. Memphis had more talent and Kansas was a well coached "Team" and not individuals wanting to impress the NBA scouts and agents :irked:.

There are many people that say Self is not a good coach. I never have liked Calipari as a coach.

Well I had to work....:madman: but all I can say is HA! To everyone that said Memphis would win because they were so great and everyone hopped on their bandwagon. Kansas was consistent, and what hurt Memphis before came back to get them in the end, Freethrows! Great season to watch, a lot of headlines, good stories, and I am glad to see Kansas win without Roy Williams!

Heat of the moment. If I was in that situation and I would be taking up for my kids. You need to think about the situation he is in. Give him a little room. I remember a certain Kentucky coach that acted the same way after a SEC tourney game. Do you think the same way about him?

 

Big difference, Gillispie was upset over a foul (and yes under the rules it should have been a foul) that wasn't called. He wasn't upset because the refs used their available resources to make sure that they made the right call. Heat of the moment or not it was classless. Go back and see Rick Pitino's respones in 92 or 97 for how to handle yourself in that circumstance.

Biggest thing Cal did was not call a TO to make sure they fouled in regulation.

There are many people that say Self is not a good coach. I never have liked Calipari as a coach.

 

 

I think I said that neither of them are particularly good game coaches. As for overall, Calipari has way fewer resources to work with than Self who should always do better than Memphis. The Jayhawks deserved to win but let's not pretend that this was some great bench performance by Self.

Big difference, Gillispie was upset over a foul (and yes under the rules it should have been a foul) that wasn't called. He wasn't upset because the refs used their available resources to make sure that they made the right call. Heat of the moment or not it was classless. Go back and see Rick Pitino's respones in 92 or 97 for how to handle yourself in that circumstance.

 

So it was a foul when it was Gillispie and not when it was Memphis. I know Pitino has always handled himself with class. But your arguement is not that strong. Pitino did not have an arguement on a foul either times in 92 or 97. They were just lucky to be in either of those games at the end.

So it was a foul when it was Gillispie and not when it was Memphis. I know Pitino has always handled himself with class. But your arguement is not that strong. Pitino did not have an arguement on a foul either times in 92 or 97. They were just lucky to be in either of those games at the end.

 

Totally different, were you watching the game? Gillispie was complaining about his screener getting ran over--and it was legit. Calipari was complaining because the officials originally ruled that one of his players hit a 3 pointer. When they followed the rules and looked at it on instant replay it was obvious that he left the floor with one foot inside of the 3pt line. They then correctly changed it to a 2 point basket. He said that he would like to see that rule changed. How is that the same? If you think UK was lucky in 92 or 97 you must not have watched those games either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.