Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 75 Memphis 68

Featured Replies

I said that about him years ago, the guy is an egotistical jerk. He can recruit himself a semi pro team...............that's it.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a big Kansas fan by any stretch buit I am very glad that the Jayhawks won this one.

 

By far the best thing about this Kansas win was that Bill Self accomplished something that "Run it Up" Roy Williams couldn't at Kansas......win a National Championship.

 

That is one of the main reasons (along with I can't stand Calipari or Memphis) tht I wanted Kansas to win.:D

Was nice to see Bill Keightly on the video of "One Shining Moment"! Mr. Keightly would have love that. :thumb:

 

R.I.P. Mr. Wildcat. :cry:

I am watching the press conference and I think Calipari is handling himself with class. I don't see the guy you are talking about that.

I have rarely ever seen a team choke that horribly. I mean there at the 2 minute mark I was thinking you might as well starting passing out the National Championship hats to the bench players for the classic photo ops of the bench guys mobbing the Memphis regulars. Credit Kansas for never giving up on themselves in the final two minutes, but still, there is no reason whatsoever that Memphis should have lost this game.

 

I am really becoming more and more convinced that Calipari is simply a man who can recruit all the talent possible in the world, but after that his ability to actually coach them and set up plays and game plans to win Championships is lacking. Honestly, if it wasn't for the UMass team with Camby, I'd write him off in a heart beat, and even now I am beginning to think that Camby simply was that good a college player to make that UMass team that viable a challenger for the title that year.

 

As for Kansas, it wasn't pretty, but they had a plan, went to it when they really needed the big ones, and it worked. Credit their big men for really coming through. Rush and Chalmers may get the glory but Jackson, Arthur, and Kahn really were the cogs that got this team rolling.

I am watching the press conference and I think Calipari is handling himself with class. I don't see the guy you are talking about that.

 

You need to rewind a few minutes to his interview in the hallway after the game--then get back to us.

Cal says that their plan was to foul. If you watch the last play in regulation, it sure didn't look like they were trying to foul. Rose held his arms out to avoid the foul after Jackson went by him at mid court.

To be honest, I think both of them are average coaches being carried by superbly talented players.

You need to rewind a few minutes to his interview in the hallway after the game--then get back to us.

 

I don't see it. He said what was on his mind. Does that make him a jerk? I am not a Calipari fan at all. Never could stand him. But I think he is handling himself very well.

To be honest, I think both of them are average coaches being carried by superbly talented players.

 

So they are good recruiters. Isn't that part of being a great coach?

You need to rewind a few minutes to his interview in the hallway after the game--then get back to us.

 

Not really caring about Calipari at all but heck, my team loses a game that went into OT on a last second three by the other team to tie I'd be a little irked. Throw in the fact my team could have been up by one point even after that three had the refs never looked at the replay of the shot. I'm thinking what if all summer....

I said that about him years ago, the guy is an egotistical jerk. He can recruit himself a semi pro team...............that's it.

You can recruit the best team in the nation....but you have to motivate them to WIN! Roy and Cal need to take the hint.

Yeah, he left it open. I hope he was joking.

I hope so to, he very well may have been and he at least left it open for him to say that he was joking whether he really was or not.

Calipari is a "snake in the grass" ego maniac :irked:.

So they are good recruiters. Isn't that part of being a great coach?

That depends on you're definition of a coach. There is a heck of a difference between being a good recruiter and being a good game coach.

So they are good recruiters. Isn't that part of being a great coach?

 

Yes, but only a part. You've hit on the key word. Self was lucky to have matched up against another average game coach tonight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.