Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Week 2)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 70.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's almost the same except for I would have been more ok w/ it if he left him in last night to bunt w/ a chance of getting two more in after having only thrown 60 something pitches and haveing a lead.

 

Bunt and move the runners to 2nd & 3rd with 2 outs? No way. That would have been a terrible call.

Line-Ups?

Reds

  1. Corey Patterson CF
  2. Jeff Keppinger SS
  3. Ken Griffey Jr. RF
  4. Brandon Phillips 2B
  5. Adam Dunn LF
  6. Edwin Encarnacion 3B
  7. Scott Hatteberg 1B
  8. Paul Bako C
  9. Aaron Harang P

Brewers

  1. Rickie Weeks 2B
  2. Gabe Gross CF
  3. Prince Fielder 1B
  4. Ryan Braun LF
  5. Bill Hall 3B
  6. Corey Hart RF
  7. J.J. Hardy SS
  8. Carlos Villanueva P
  9. Jason Kendall C

Harang (0-1, 2.77 ERA) has led Cincinnati in wins in each of the last three seasons, totaling 43 in that stretch. Though he’s held opponents to four total earned runs in 13 innings in his first two starts of 2008, the Reds have given him only four runs of support.

 

Cincinnati’s outburst bodes well for Harang, who’s 29-4 since the beginning of the 2006 season when he gets more than two runs of support.

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;_ylt=AnDDpvzjmKPCji.V.zV_X2U5nYcB?gid=280410108

Reds

  1. Corey Patterson CF
  2. Jeff Keppinger SS
  3. Ken Griffey Jr. RF
  4. Brandon Phillips 2B
  5. Adam Dunn LF
  6. Edwin Encarnacion 3B
  7. Scott Hatteberg 1B
  8. Paul Bako C
  9. Aaron Harang P

Brewers

  1. Rickie Weeks 2B
  2. Gabe Gross CF
  3. Prince Fielder 1B
  4. Ryan Braun LF
  5. Bill Hall 3B
  6. Corey Hart RF
  7. J.J. Hardy SS
  8. Carlos Villanueva P
  9. Jason Kendall C

 

Thought E-5 might get another day off.

Thought E-5 might get another day off.

 

You can't keep that hot bat and gold glove on the bench. :banana:

 

:lol:

I almost think Dusty should move Hatte to 2nd, drop kepp to 6th and E5 to 7. Just to give Kepp a better chance to drive more runs in.

Just a quick stat, Dunn is batting .158 with on OBP of over .400 and EE is batting .083 with an OBP of .333. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Just a quick stat, Dunn is batting .158 with on OBP of over .400 and EE is batting .083 with an OBP of .333. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

 

Yep, that's one of the things that makes baseball great, so many stats that can come out of it.

 

Dunn already has 11 walks this year, E-5 has 9.

I almost think Dusty should move Hatte to 2nd, drop kepp to 6th and E5 to 7. Just to give Kepp a better chance to drive more runs in.

 

Let's think about this. Your leadoff guy is getting on base and you want to put a guy that has 1 hit behind him, in lieu of your hottest hitter. Plus Hatte is station to station if he would get on base. Play Votto and bat him 6th

Let's think about this. Your leadoff guy is getting on base and you want to put a guy that has 1 hit behind him, in lieu of your hottest hitter. Plus Hatte is station to station if he would get on base. Play Votto and bat him 6th

 

That works to. I'm just saying though Hatte works the count well and can do many things as a two hitter. Though he is struggling, I was just thinking that Kepp could drive more runs in at the 6 spot, especially the way he is hitting.

That works to. I'm just saying though Hatte works the count well and can do many things as a two hitter. Though he is struggling, I was just thinking that Kepp could drive more runs in at the 6 spot, especially the way he is hitting.

 

I like the notion of Griffey, Phillips and Dunn driving in those runs. Let the 1 and the 2 set the table. Also I don't understand playing Hatte over Votto.

I like the notion of Griffey, Phillips and Dunn driving in those runs. Let the 1 and the 2 set the table. Also I don't understand playing Hatte over Votto.

 

Marty and Hal got into that discussion last night calling it ridiculous not playing Votto everyday. He proved he could hit when he was with the team late last year and platooning him doesn't help at all.

I like the notion of Griffey, Phillips and Dunn driving in those runs. Let the 1 and the 2 set the table. Also I don't understand playing Hatte over Votto.

 

Hatte does a lot of the "little things" that Votto still hasn't quite mastered yet. I think it's great to have him around tutoring the young pups. Not to mention the fact that those 1st year guys really have difficulties with the grind of a full MLB schedule. So at this point, no I don't mind Hatte playing at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.