Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Tyler Hansbrough come back next year?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Him staying another year only increases risk for injury, and so forth.

 

Come on now. You're better than that.

 

He's not a high pick now, so he has to take reality in to consideration. Any way you slice it, he will be a late 1st round pick in 09 at worst. That's pretty much the best scenario this year...

His goal for this season was to reach the Final Four. UNC reached the Final Four, his goal was accomplished. He will leave.

I see him staying another year. If he wants to play at the next level at all, he needs to develop a consistent outside jumper.

He is a good college player, brings alot to the UNC game but as far as the pros I dont believe he will make it. He just dont match up with the big men of the NBA and cant shoot from the outside. He will probably make a good living playing over seas.

He will by default. When I've asked NBA scouts about him, the answer isn't enough to make me believe he's a lock for anything this year...

 

Not to be rude, but what does the National Business Association know about basketball talent? They are a Nonprofit organization supporting and educating small business owners. :p

 

I would like to see him go, for no other reason than I'm sick of hearing about him.

I hope he goes, but I think he stays.

He'll stay. His flopping wont work inthe NBA. It's silly how many guys get charges called against them when playing UNC. TH gets so many calls.

  • Author

If he goes he's a top 12 pick for sure, but I still think he'll stay just to try to win that championship, and next year he will be top 2 or 3.

I don't know if he will go or not, but I do think there is a place for him in the NBA. He does have some shortcomings, but he also has some skills. The effort that he gives is noticed and appreciated by coaches. IMO he will be a good role player. He reminds me in a lot of ways of a certain Wildcat that I loved, and so many people didn't think had the gifts to make it in the NBA. Chuck Hayes.

If he's smart he better stay another year. I don't think he's ready. The NBA as we all know is far different than the colllege. IMO, needs to stay.

I don't see him going this year. If he comes back next year, UNC should be a lock to win the national championship. It's not like his family needs the money so I don't see him leaving early and not graduating.

 

After the way he played against Kansas defensively I'm sure he knows he needs to improve in that area and will use next year to work on the little things that need to be fine tuned to get him ready for the NBA.

 

Also he will indeed improve his stock by staying since next year's class won't be very strong as GT said.

Come on now. You're better than that.

 

He's not a high pick now, so he has to take reality in to consideration. Any way you slice it, he will be a late 1st round pick in 09 at worst. That's pretty much the best scenario this year...

 

:thumb:

 

I think he stays. I agree that a weaker freshman class will help, but I also think he can improve his game as well. He's not going to work a miracle in the off-season and turn into the #1 overall pick, but I think there are areas of his game that he can improve on that will help his stock.

 

Plus, I get the impression that he likes playing in college and likes playing for the Tar Heels...maybe I'm wrong about that, but I don't view him as a guy who is ready to take the first bus out of town. Just a hunch though, so it could totally off.

 

I don't see him ever being a superstar in the NBA, but he could be a very solid contributor...with the effort he gives and his ability to shoot from the foul line, at the least and in the right situation he could be a great energy guy to play inside for a team coming off the bench.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.