Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do We Retire the Jerseys of Joe and Ramel?

Featured Replies

Them 2 will go down as my one of my favorite dou's along with Chuck and Daniel's.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with the guys mentioned above is they havent graduated yet. UK doesnt retire guys that dont graduate.

 

I love Ramel and became a fan of Joe, but no, they dont really deserve to be retired. Ramel will probably be my favorite UK player for quite some time, and will be the gold standard IMO for effort, but they arent ready for that honor.

  • Author
Um. No. Thanks for the memories, and lets hope Wireman is like Hatz in hyping them up for a good reason 20 years from now... ;)

 

I thought it was a good topic for dicussion.

I thought it was a good topic for dicussion.

 

The #3 and #4 guys in a #1 class have solid 4 year careers.

 

Joe and Ramel lived up to their hype. That's a VERY hard thing to do at this level.

 

At the end of the day, what they did was great for the program, it wasn't "Rafters" great...

If ESPN's stats are up to date, then I believe that Crawford and Bradley will finish #19 & #26 on the UK scoring charts respectively. They were a great duo to have, but with the excpetion of the Unforgetables, I just don't think that there accomplishments compare with those already up in the rafters.

The #1 and #4 guys in a #1 class have solid 4 year careers.

 

Joe and Ramel lived up to their hype. That's a VERY hard thing to do at this level.

 

At the end of the day, what they did was great for the program, it wasn't "Rafters" great...

 

 

I corrected it for you. You are a Rivals.com guy correct?

I corrected it for you. You are a Rivals.com guy correct?

 

I had nothing to do with their mistakes in 2004... :D

As someone said earlier if Delk and them guys jerseys arent retired then there isnt a case for Crawford and Ramel. Someone educate me on something, I have noticed a few guys that do have there jerseys retired in Rupp that I know nothing about nor there acomplisments. Demoisey, Rallings, Sale and Grawmeyer. I'm sure the spelling is way off but why are they up there. I assume all the aboved mention have championship rings or something

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

 

Crawford wanted to leave his first year.

No way....they did nothing SPECIAL, there is a long list of others that must get the nod before them.

It will be 10 years before it is even a thought. To have a jersey retired, a player must first be inducted into the UK Athletics Hall of Fame. Delk, Walter McCarty, Jeff Sheppard, Scott Padgett, Tayshaun Prince, Keith Bogans, and Chuck Hayes are the next few UK greats to have their jerseys retired, if all of them even do.

What do you guys think? Both are 1,000 point scorers, but more importantly they are both examples of what Wildcat basketball is all about. They are the foundation for a bright future for UK, IMO. I say yes. What do you guys think?

 

Examples of what wildcat basketball is all about...

 

How many times did Joes quit or threaten to transfer. What did they do to deserve a honor like that. They really had underachieving careers until the last two months.

 

IMHO, these two guys probably are top twenty cats of all time. No way you retire their jersey.

I think most jerseys retired belong to first team all americans which these two are not. I know none of the unforgettables were, but that's an entierly different set of circumstances. While they were good they don't deserve to have their jerseys retired.

I don't think so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.