Slone Impressive!!

Sloan had some trouble with Henderson from Holmes but Henderson also gave 2 of the best offensive players in the state Sanford and Stewart from Catholic. Sloan's a great player and could very well walk on at UK. Would be a great pick up.

He's a good player but no way is he a great pick up for UK. If he wants playing time, he better go to DII, DIII or NAIA.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vee Sanford has definitely looked better than anybody so far. Sanford struggled a bit early in the game today but eventually got going. No knock on anyone else, Sanford has just played that good.

Sanford had the benefit of Stewart and Smart stretching the defenses this year too. Next year will be a different game.

I'm hoping Slone ends up with a scholly. He's a great kid, level-headed, and at 6-3 could offer a team with a good combo-guard skills set. Good luck Landon at the next level.

I do not know where he is going to end up but wish him the best. He has done nothing but be a great team player, hard worker, and has shown he can play with some of the states best on the biggest stage. I think if walked on at UK he could in a few years actually help out. If nothing else he would push other players to get better in practice because he has an outstanding work ethic. Put him in a D-1 work out program and he would get much quicker and stronger. He WANTS to be a better basketball player.

I wanted to set the record straight; his name is spelled Slone (not Sloan).

However you want to spell it, he looked like a very good basketball player and hard worker. I'd like to see him get the chance to play at the next level. He scored the most points this year in a state tournament game (I believe 35) and that will something he can always claim. Best of luck to Slone.

He's a good player but no way is he a great pick up for UK. If he wants playing time, he better go to DII, DIII or NAIA.

I think he could be a great walk-on pickup. Worthy of a scholorship, no. He has much more talent than some UK walk-ons (scherbenske (i know him personally so this is not a put down)). He could be a very good practice player and possibly sr year see some clock.

He is a pretty good high school player, but pretty good high school players are not D1 talent. He got completely shut down by Henderson. He would see better defenders then Henderson in D1 and would not be able to get his shot off or guard these types of players. UK is not for him. Hopefully he is smart enough to go D2 or NAIA to play basketball against other kids that he can possibly compete against.

I thought he made himself look bad at the end of the Holmes game... JMO...

Great offensive player though, as he showed in the first round...

I saw Slone do nothing at the end of the game. If you are going to judge him on things his teammates such as Murray and others did that is pretty sad.

I saw Slone do nothing at the end of the game. If you are going to judge him on things his teammates such as Murray and others did that is pretty sad.

Then you didn't see him reach out and grab Henderson's jersey as he attempted to run down the court. Twice.

Murray is another story, and if you don't think he was out of line I don't know what game you were watching... But thats another thread, and I think it has already been closed...

Then you didn't see him reach out and grab Henderson's jersey as he attempted to run down the court. Twice.

Murray is another story, and if you don't think he was out of line I don't know what game you were watching... But thats another thread, and I think it has already been closed...

Um, thats why I mentioned him and why you shouldnt judge Slone on what he and others did. Are you seeing okay?