Slone Impressive!!

Um, thats why I mentioned him and why you shouldnt judge Slone on what he and others did. Are you seeing okay?

Ok whew... Landon Slone lost out on a rebound, to Arrez Henderson. Henderson made an outlet and the outlet man pushed the ball up the court. As Henderson took off to the front court Slone reached out and grabbed his jersey to the point that he had to tuck it in again. This happened twice.

I see fine, what about you?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt see that. I am saying are you seeing, as in reading my posts okay. From what I saw, Slone did nothing. That is hardly a cheap shot though.

I agree that it may not be a cheap shot, but I never said it was a cheap shot, just that I thought it made him look bad...

Geez...:rolleyes:

Well if it means anything to ya, I would say that about any player at the tournament if it was them.

And on not holding Slone accountable for his teammates actions, that may be, but when people get together and talk about it they talk about teams, and how they acted, not individuals.

Well if it means anything to ya, I would say that about any player at the tournament if it was them.

And on not holding Slone accountable for his teammates actions, that may be, but when people get together and talk about it they talk about teams, and how they acted, not individuals.

But yet here you are in a thread about Slone saying negative things about him, I didn't see but so what if he grabbed a jersey? It couldn't have been too harsh or a foul would have been called. I really think whatever he did was a non issue. Let's just end this, its not doing anyone any good. He is a great player and works hard, I think everyone should wish him nothing but the best. I know I want every kid from Kentucky to go to college no matter who they play for.

But yet here you are in a thread about Slone saying negative things about him, I didn't see but so what if he grabbed a jersey? It couldn't have been too harsh or a foul would have been called. I really think whatever he did was a non issue. Let's just end this, its not doing anyone any good. He is a great player and works hard, I think everyone should wish him nothing but the best. I know I want every kid from Kentucky to go to college no matter who they play for.

I am not taking shots at the kid. But I am saying that he did something on the court that was not needed and it didn't look good. Was it big? No, but it doesn't matter. FWIW, there were 3 people sitting with me, that said "Whoa, did you see that?" He's a good player. I said that in one of my first post in this thread. I just feel like he did something he shouldn't have.

I just feel like he did something he shouldn't have.

Who's hasn't. :lol: I'm sure he wishes he could have those 25 seconds back but I just didn't want people to get the impression he gave Henderson a cheap shot or anything along those lines. In fact Henderson had some really good things to say about Slone after the game, and Slone also paid compliments to Henderson.

Who's hasn't. :lol: I'm sure he wishes he could have those 25 seconds back but I just didn't want people to get the impression he gave Henderson a cheap shot or anything along those lines. In fact Henderson had some really good things to say about Slone after the game, and Slone also paid compliments to Henderson.

I know, that was quite respectable on part of both. I agree that it was only a few seconds where the kid lost his head. It wasn't the best stage to do that however, especially with what was going on with him teammates. I was just pointing that out. In all fairness, I think he could play low DI, or be a real solid player at a lot of DII's.... But I haven't seen the kid play much...

I find it interesting you are the only person in this thread to have seen this so-called "thuggish" behavior. :lol:

If they talk about teams, why are you talking about Slone? Talk about Paintsville. Are you the exception to the rule? It's getting deep in here.

This took place on the Paintsville end of the floor after Arrez threw an outlet pass. My 10 and 12 year old sons asked why Slone did not get his 5th foul for the grabbing of Henderson's jersey. It was very obvious! The refs were more concerned with Holmes scoring on the other end of the floor. This took place at the end of the game, Slone was heated and Holmes was in control. Bottom-line; If a Holmes player was acting out in this manner he would have been given a technical and/or possibly ejected.

This is the last thing I am going to say about this: Henderson gave Slone a lot of praise after the game and Slone did the same about Henderson. I doubt it was much of an issue or Henderson would have not been so quick to praise Slone by comparing him to a player who now plays for UofL. He grabbed a jersey. Let's move on. Henderson and Slone have.

This is the last thing I am going to say about this: Henderson gave Slone a lot of praise after the game and Slone did the same about Henderson. I doubt it was much of an issue or Henderson would have not been so quick to praise Slone by comparing him to a player who now plays for UofL. He grabbed a jersey. Let's move on. Henderson and Slone have.

Ok, but saying that he was the best offensive player he has played since Knowles doens't compare him to Knowles. I never meant to make an issue of the jersey thing, just was pointing it out.