Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slone Impressive!!

Featured Replies

Slone was impressive yesterday. He easily had the best offensive performance of the first round, but I feel many are off base or just werent paying attention if you dont think Vee Sanford looked like the best player in the first round. Sanford did it all and does it on a regular basis.

That being said, I would love to see another great performance out of Slone. If he showed a lot on D he could have been the best player all day. Everybody is rooting for the guys from Pville, Slone, and BMR to make a run in his last tourney.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I will take some major critism over this but I seen flashes of Rick Jones last night.

Bella...Vee Sanford will be a d-1 guard next year. I was very impressed as were the guys I attended the game with.

Slone has the sweetest, purest stroke I have seen in a while. He is also more athletic than I thought. If he plays anywhere near as well agaist Holmes, I think he will recieve multiple DI offers.

 

This state tournament has been awsome so far. I loved the performances turned in by Paintsville, Elliott County, and Holmes. Got to feel for Lincoln, they are alot better than they played today. If Holmes gets by Paintsville (I hope not) it will be a terrific matchup with Lex Cath and I like the Bulldogs chances. PT and Mason will be a great game as well. My boys were so excited they went out and played when we got home, after midnight.

My boys were so excited they went out and played when we got home, after midnight.

 

Thats awesome man, I can remember about 6 years ago when I couldnt wait to get in high school and play basketball. I always said I was going to lead my small town high school to the state tourny. I gave up basketball for baseball and I regret it every day because it didnt get me anywhere. I would give up every baseball acoplishment I earned to have played one game as a high school basketball player in Rupp arena.

I agree with above. After playing in Rupp my junior year, I quit basketball to pursue other sports, which did get me somewhere, but I regret not playing basketball almost every time I watch a game on tv. Word of advice to any kids out there who are fortunate enough to play a sport in high school, do it.

Slone had a great season but Against probably the best defensive team and player (defensively) in the state, Slone had two points at halftime and finished with just 11 with I believe 6 coming from the free throw line.

 

I guess that goes to show just how good Henderson really is as well as the Holmes defense.

He's the best to hit the floor at Rupp so far this year. Miller and Hopson can both play but he was impressive and at the right school he will help out quickly.

Landon Sloan has a very nice game! He is a rare player in today's game......he can shoot the basketball well and with good form. Truly a lost art!

 

:thumb:

 

Pretty nice look at that sweet form of his on the front page of BGP.

Slone had a great season but Against probably the best defensive team and player (defensively) in the state, Slone had two points at halftime and finished with just 11 with I believe 6 coming from the free throw line.

 

I guess that goes to show just how good Henderson really is as well as the Holmes defense.

 

Three of those came on a long range 3 when the game was effectively over, except for all the dirty plays by Paintsville. It looked like he wasn't going to get to double digits - the scary thing is, I don't think he missed a lot of shots - he just could not shake Henderson and Johnson to get the touches he usually does. To be successful at the next level, I think he needs to learn how to get open better, use screens more effectively, move better without the ball, AND, ABOVE ALL, HOPE THAT ARREZ ISN'T GUARDING HIM.

Slone was the most impressive player of the 1st round.......yes, over Miller, Hopson, and everyone else...

 

How big is the Slone kid? Does he have the athleticism to play at D1 school?

He's the best to hit the floor at Rupp so far this year. Miller and Hopson can both play but he was impressive and at the right school he will help out quickly.

 

Vee Sanford has definitely looked better than anybody so far. Sanford struggled a bit early in the game today but eventually got going. No knock on anyone else, Sanford has just played that good.

How big is the Slone kid? Does he have the athleticism to play at D1 school?

 

He is listed at 6'3. He has the offensive game to be on a D1 roster, albeit probably a low level one if he wants a chance at playing. He could put up some numbers at a lower level.

Henderson shut him down today. Completely took him out of his game.

Sloan had some trouble with Henderson from Holmes but Henderson also gave 2 of the best offensive players in the state Sanford and Stewart from Catholic. Sloan's a great player and could very well walk on at UK. Would be a great pick up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.