Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What about the CBI?

Featured Replies

Texas Tech turned down a bid

 

It's being reported that schools wishing to host a game had to put up a $50,000 guarantee to the CBI folks.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Texas Tech turned down a bid

 

It's being reported that schools wishing to host a game had to put up a $50,000 guarantee to the CBI folks.

 

Sounds like a very similar deal to the smaller football Bowl games. Sell the tickets, and you can look at making a profit.

 

What is the NIT deal???

Houston plays at Nevada

Miami Ohio plays at Tulsa

I know nothing about this tourny other than this is the first year for it but from reading your all's posts about the teams turning down bids and the cost to host a game I believe this is a 2 year deal at most. Most of them teams with the exception of Cincy don't have 50k to give. Looks like an awful situation.

The CBI must really be an awesome tournament. Game 1 of their championship "series" is not even on t.v. where I live. Good stuff:thumb:

Bradley vs. Tulsa. Wow.

 

Its a barn burner, 6-6 with 15:50 remaining in the first half :lol:

Its a barn burner, 6-6 with 15:50 remaining in the first half :lol:

 

Think Tubby is watching?

Bradley vs. Tulsa. Wow.
Probably not nearly as meaningful as some Bradley-Tulsa clashes back in the day, when they were Missouri Valley Conference rivals.

I heard Ohio U paid the CBI $60,000 to get the home court.

I heard Ohio U paid the CBI $60,000 to get the home court.

All home sites paid that...

I was actually VERY happy that my Virginia team lost to Bradley in the semi-finals.

 

I'm not sure how I would have reacted had they "proudly" hung a CBI championship banner next to the Continental Tire Bowl banners that the football team is so proud of.

 

We have standards at Virginia darnit. :lol:

The CBI must really be an awesome tournament. Game 1 of their championship "series" is not even on t.v. where I live. Good stuff:thumb:

 

I'll agree that without a TV contract with someone, the tournament will die on the vine. But, I disagree with all negative nancy stuff the CBI is taking here. Tulsa and Bradley have been able to keep playing and practicing for another month. That only helps both teams underclassmen.

 

At the Division I level of college football there's about 128 teams and half of them make a bowl game. Yeah, I'm sure they're all good:banana:. At the Division I level of college basketball there's about 312 teams, so what's wrong with a third of them playing in the postseason?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.