Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co. 53 East Carter 32

Featured Replies

I expected more scoring and around an 8-10 point Elliot win. Anyway,..........

 

:thumb::thumb:Congrats to the 16th Region Champion....The ELLIOT COUNTY LIONS!!! :thumb::thumb:

 

You are a fine basketball team and have some great kids on and off the court. Best of luck from Raceland in Rupp next week and the sweet 16!

 

I am sure that you will represent our 16th region well. Congrats to Coach Mays and his staff as well. For a small class A school to win the 16th is hard enough, but to do it back to back is quite an accomplishment. Back to back Region Championships is hard to do for anyone regardles of size of the school. Elliot Co. is the first team to repeat since the Ashland Tomcats did in 2000-2001 I believe.

 

Congrats again and good luck vs Mason Co. in the sweet sixteen! :thumb:

Very well said Old Rambler, the only thing I see that might be wrong is that Boyd County won the regional title in 1998, 1999 & 2000. Other than that, I agree totally with everything you said

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to Elliott County on winning their 2nd straight 16th Region title. I wish the Lions the best of luck against Mason County. Congrats to Coach Baker and the Raiders on a great season. :thumb:

Congrats Elliot...

 

As a reward, you get to play a team that beat you by 30 on the biggest stage there is in KY sports!

 

That sounds really negative... Seriously, congratulations Lions. Good luck, make adjustments, and leave it on the court and you never know what will happen...

Euton, Jackson, Clemens, Barnhill, Johnson, Thomas, Ferguson, T Knipp, Both Faulkners, Ethan repeating as MVP, I know there was more, but thats all I remember off the top of my head.

Fantastic defensive efforts tonight by both teams. The jobs done by Et. Faulkner on Johnson and T Knipp on Barnhill in the first half was outstanding!

Very well said Old Rambler, the only thing I see that might be wrong is that Boyd County won the regional title in 1998, 1999 & 2000. Other than that, I agree totally with everything you said

 

Thanks, I knew that Boyd had a string of titles around that time but I thought that Ashland had back to back after that. I believe that they beat Rowan one year and Rose Hill in the next but I guesss that I got the years wrong.:thumb:

No problem. I decided not to go to the game, so I listened to it all on the radio :thumb:

She reeled you in didn't she?

 

Congrats to Elliott.:dancingpa

  • Author
She reeled you in didn't she?

 

Congrats to Elliott.:dancingpa

 

I actually was just too tired to fool with it after a long day of work. I did listen to the whole game, though.:thumb:

Way to go Elliott! See you at Rupp! (is that ok Spindoc?)

 

 

:dancingpa

Great job guys! Maynard hits big 3's again.

 

I think Thomas of Ashland got defensive player of the tournament. Bonner won something too. Neither were there to accept.

  • Author
Great job guys! Maynard hits big 3's again.

 

 

:dancingpa:thumb::thumb:

It was good to see Maynard stroking that long ball tonight. Made me think about the Ashland game last year. A great kid who's shooting and ability to stretch the defense will be missed next year.

Maynard 13

Ferguson 12

Et Faulkner 12

Ev Faulkner 10

T Knipp 3

Morgan 3

 

Jackson 8

Barnhill 7 (13 rebounds)

Johnson 7

Bair 6

Sagraves 2

Kawada 2

All Tourney Team

Thomas (Best Defensive Player)

Bonner

Clemons

Euton

Jackson

T Knipp

Bair

Ferguson

Barnhill

Ev Faulkner

Johnson

MVP -- Et Faulkner

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.