Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co. 53 East Carter 32

Featured Replies

Elliott played fantastic tonight. They were tough on defense, shot well, took care of the ball, and simply beat East to every dead ball. East simply couldn't get into any sort of a rythm offensively. The Faulkners were all over the floor, they weren't going to be denied tonight. East has nothing to be ashamed of though, it just wasn't their night. Elliott proved tonight that they are the class of the region, and if they can shoot like they did tonight they'll be in the game with Mason. Congrats Elliott.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was clear to me that you were taking up for East Carter's guard play.

Don't take it so personal, I put a smiley face on the end...... ;)

 

You know of me, I went to East too. ;)

Spoke to you tonight at the game before tipoff, upstairs.

I wonder if Maynard will get to play long enough in the state tourney to hit the 3's. Maybe , maybe not . ;)

I wonder if Maynard will get to play long enough to hit the 3's. Maybe , maybe not . ;)

 

I dunno, but he's a very classy young man and I suspect he'll be missed next season. I hope he does get the chance to play somewhere if he so desires.

It was clear to me that you were taking up for East Carter's guard play.

Don't take it so personal, I put a smiley face on the end...... ;)

 

You know of me, I went to East too. ;)

Spoke to you tonight at the game before tipoff, upstairs.

 

Nothing personal taken!! But you will have to get more specific than speaking to me upstairs. I talked to about 500 people tonight before tip off!!

I dunno, but he's a very classy young man and I suspect he'll be missed next season. I hope he does get the chance to play somewhere if he so desires.

 

Thank you he is very special to all of us. :thumb:

Nothing personal taken!! But you will have to get more specific than speaking to me upstairs. I talked to about 500 people tonight before tip off!!

 

 

Rule #5 might get me in trouble if I give out my identity. lol

I'll catch ya at the next game.

I wonder if Maynard will get to play long enough to hit the 3's. Maybe , maybe not . ;)

 

In their next game they better have him in mind, because they are sure going to need more points than they had tonight. Still a very big win for them against East.:thumb:

Good job two nights in a row boys. :thumb:

 

I sincerely wish you guys the best at Rupp. Go represent us well. :thumb:

Congrats to Elliott on the region title.

Thinking strange thoughts tonight after the lackluster performance of the Raiders under the limelight. Most folks would have thought a Raider victory would be certain had they known beforehand that only 53 tallys would end up on the Elliott County side of the board...but alas, where did the East Carter offensive production go in the game. We picked a bad night and a "superbad" opponent to play like that. No chance tonight. We were never in the game.

 

Back to the strange thought...maybe a name change is in order for the Raiders...something like the East Carter "Cicadas". You know, the locust that shows up every 17 years and creates a lot of noise initially but quickly disappears only to show up again in another 17 years.

 

East Carter High School

"16th Region Runner-up 1974, 1991, 2008" (Go ahead, do the math!)

Thank goodness for 1986.

 

I am no entomologist but I will make a prediction...the Raiders will be back on more than one occassion during the next 17 years. Coach Brandon Baker will lead us back real soon! Great year for the boys in Red, White, and Blue. Hold your head high.

Congrads to the Lions on back to back 16th Region Championships and their third final in three years!!! With all 5 starters back a 3 peat is not out of the question. This junior class is something special!!! Great defense holding East to only 12 points in the first half. Great D by Ethan on Johnson and Timmy and Evan did a super job on Barnhill who is a talented 6'6" soph. Elliott shot fairly decent and in the end you wonder how did they only score 53 points, but a win is a win. But then again, I wondered how they held East to only 32 points. Some strange reason seemed like it should have been a 75 to 56 game or something. Anybody know what I mean or am I just zoned out from too much basketball in a short amount of time?? Good luck in the sweet sixteen and don't listen to those that say Mason will blow you out again. Odds are Mason doesn't shoot 62% and if they do then they certainly deserve to win. Something tells me Elliott will fight and scratch and make it worth the price of admission. I hope so because the fans around KY need to see these guys in high octane and at their best. Good luck guys!!!

Way to go Elliott! Good job.

Rule #5 might get me in trouble if I give out my identity. lol

I'll catch ya at the next game.

 

Looking forward to it!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.