Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rupp Arena...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be tough because of the big speakers that hang down from the rafters at mid court. If not for them I think I could get it to the other free throw line. Hard throw because it would require a twist throw instead of a cro-hop

I'd be afraid I'd fall after throwing it and roll down the steps...

Would you have been on steroids or HGH for any considerable length of time?

  • Author
It would be tough because of the big speakers that hang down from the rafters at mid court. If not for them I think I could get it to the other free throw line. Hard throw because it would require a twist throw instead of a cro-hop

 

You would have to be standing still, and just throw through a twist in your abdomen. The more I think about it the harder it gets! If you took a step, hop, and throw you would roll all the way down to the rail! I would like to see somebody try, of course with no one in the arena...:sssh:

The court is 94 feet and the top row to the floor is easily 200 feet. So if you can throw from the foul pole to home plate that's probably a good distance. Plus you have gravity in your favor. I would be lucky to get it to the nearside free-throw line.

If were going for off the wall hear one time a state tournament game and older gentlemen was sitting behind me and he looked up at the huge hanging speakers in the middle of the arena and his quote was " boys it would be Hades :fire: in hear if that heater fell." :D

If were going for off the wall hear one time a state tournament game and older gentlemen was sitting behind me and he looked up at the huge hanging speakers in the middle of the arena and his quote was " boys it would be Hades :fire: in hear if that heater fell." :D

 

:laugh:Thanks for the good laugh

I happen to know from the late 70,s that you can in fact throw an orange from the top to the middle of the court. It helps if Ernie and Bernie are down there.

I happen to know from the late 70,s that you can in fact throw an orange from the top to the middle of the court. It helps if Ernie and Bernie are down there.

That must mean you made your toss in the middle 70's. If Ernie and Bernie were on the floor, that means Stu Aberdeen and Ray Mears were on the bench. They were the target of an orange I saw thrown. It just missed Stu and Ray. That was 1977.....no Ernie and Bernie on that Tennessee team.

 

The year someone took aim at Ernie and/or Bernie would have been 1976.

I love this thread.

That must mean you made your toss in the middle 70's. If Ernie and Bernie were on the floor, that means Stu Aberdeen and Ray Mears were on the bench. They were the target of an orange I saw thrown. It just missed Stu and Ray. That was 1977.....no Ernie and Bernie on that Tennessee team.

 

The year someone took aim at Ernie and/or Bernie would have been 1976.

 

Actually 1977 was the last year of the Ernie and Bernie show. I was at the game and it was my first time in Rupp. Cats blew a late 6 point lead, rallied to tie it but still lost in OT. Horrible game as no one shot very well. UK and UT ended up tying for SEC title and the Vols got to go to the Mideast Regional (bounced in first round by Syracuse) and UK had to go to the East where they lost to UNC and 4 corners in the Regional Final.

 

I remember the oranges. I however did not throw one since my Mom was sitting beside me and she would have been upset with there teenage boy. :lol:

In a full arena, my guess is it would hit one of about 7,000 blue hairs sitting in the lower arena. You should try that at a game and wake them up from time to time.

 

:laugh:

I doubt you could get it onto the court.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.