Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rupp Arena...

Featured Replies

Ok, this is an off the wall type of question. While my buddy and and I were sitting at the UK/UF game this past Sunday, we had an interesting question that came up. Say you climb up to the top row, behind one of the backboards, in the upper deck. You throw a baseball as hard as you can. How far does it go? I said I could get it to the goal on the opposite end. Thoughts?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, this is an off the wall type of question. While my buddy and and I were sitting at the UK/UF game this past Sunday, we had an interesting question that came up. Say you climb up to the top row, behind one of the backboards, in the upper deck. You throw a baseball as hard as you can. How far does it go? I said I could get it to the goal on the opposite end. Thoughts?

 

Impossible, even for the best arm. Main reason why is because of the arena's layout, you would have to throw standing still.

Ok, this is an off the wall type of question. While my buddy and and I were sitting at the UK/UF game this past Sunday, we had an interesting question that came up. Say you climb up to the top row, behind one of the backboards, in the upper deck. You throw a baseball as hard as you can. How far does it go? I said I could get it to the goal on the opposite end. Thoughts?

 

Very off the wall. :lol:

Very off the wall. :lol:

 

Agreed. :lol:

I could probably get it to the lower arena :thumb:

Ok, this is an off the wall type of question. While my buddy and and I were sitting at the UK/UF game this past Sunday, we had an interesting question that came up. Say you climb up to the top row, behind one of the backboards, in the upper deck. You throw a baseball as hard as you can. How far does it go? I said I could get it to the goal on the opposite end. Thoughts?

 

Way to intense of a game to be thinking about that kind of stuff spe690 :lol:

In a full arena, my guess is it would hit one of about 7,000 blue hairs sitting in the lower arena. You should try that at a game and wake them up from time to time.

  • Author
Way to intense of a game to be thinking about that kind of stuff spe690 :lol:

 

It was at halftime during the dance team's performance!!! Give me a break, we had to think of something to entertain ourselves! :lol:

My buddy said that he thought he could get it to the Erupption Zone, but not the court. The more I thought about it, there is no way I could get it to the opposite goal! Maybe off a bounce and roll? :ylsuper:

I'm thinking you, your buddy, and the baseball would all end up down at Metro awaiting bail !

It was at halftime during the dance team's performance!!! Give me a break, we had to think of something to entertain ourselves! :lol:

My buddy said that he thought he could get it to the Erupption Zone, but not the court. The more I thought about it, there is no way I could get it to the opposite goal! Maybe off a bounce and roll? :ylsuper:

 

I can promise you one thing, the dance team kept my mind off how far I could throw a baseball during half time :thumb:

  • Author
I can promise you one thing, the dance team kept my mind off how far I could throw a baseball during half time :thumb:

 

I'm not impressed with our dance team. I never have been really. They aren't hot at all!!!

  • Author
I'm thinking you, your buddy, and the baseball would all end up down at Metro awaiting bail !

 

And you are right...:thumb:

I could get it to the other side easy. :cool:

This is funny....at the Bristol race last fall, my buddy and I had this same debate (there was no dance team performance however). He swears he could throw a baseball onto the track from our seats, I said no way! Our seats were about halfway up Earnhardt Terrace on the backstretch.

I'm not impressed with our dance team. I never have been really. They aren't hot at all!!!

 

Maybe not from the top row in the endzone, but from where I was sitting I'd have to disagree with you. :cool:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.