Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson Out For Rest Of Season

Featured Replies

WLEX is saying that TRUE BLUE fans may have seen the last of PP in a Kentucky jersey? I was under the impression that his parents were very clear that he was staying 4 years to get that degree.

 

I don't think he would make the same mistake as Morris.

  • Replies 240
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a shame for a great basketball player....I would say this essentially may hurt UK's post season chances....that said, it is odd at how much UK's basketball season is mirroring U of L's football one. It just seems that EVERYTHING has gone against UK this year. Thankfully, that can't always happen.

That's really terrible. Patterson is a great player to watch play the game, no matter who your favorite school is.

 

Thanks for a classy post 02 :thumb:. I agree on Patterson being a GREAT player and he imo will be an even greater one in the future as a Wildcat and beyond.

He (Patterson) as you said also seems to be very good kid. I will admit at first that was the only thing that remotely concerned about with him coming to U.K., certainly not his talent. He had some "incidents" in high school but seems to have grown up some and will be a vital part of this U.K. team in the future.

Patterson really showed an enourmous amount of class and respect in the presser this afternoon as well.

Prayers from this oldrambler go out for a great kid in Patterson and for a complete recovery.

He, his dad, and his mom have all said he's coming back.

 

:thumb: One of the things that Patterson stressed in the presser this afternoon was that he was comng back to U.K.. He said "In no way am I ready for the NBA and I will return for my sophomore season". That may not be the exact wording but it is very close.

I'm sure the players aren't thinking like I am. I'm sure there has to be some doubt in thier mind though.I'm just calling the way I see it. What makes people think Jared Carter and AJ Stewart are just going to flip the light switch on and all of a sudden become a post presence. We have two scorers and a couple role players.That doesn't get it down in major college basketball.

 

I don't think we will see as much of them as people think. I sure they will get a little bit more minutes. However I really believe we will see Billy G. run a lot of 4 guard lineups now and have Stevenson as the only big guy in. And well if Meeks plays, I could see him even using a 5 guard lineup.

:thumb: One of the things that Patterson stressed in the presser this afternoon was that he was comng back to U.K.. He said "In no way am I ready for the NBA and I will return for my sophomore season". That may not be the exact wording but it is very close.

 

Is there a link anywhere on the web thats shows the press conference? I was not able to see it.

Terrible news for anyone that is a fan of college basketball. Patterson is a great talent that represented the University Of Kentucky and the NCAA with nothing but class.

 

Very well said. :thumb::thumb:

Is there a link anywhere on the web thats shows the press conference? I was not able to see it.

 

Not sure, It was on WKYT news out of Lexington, http://www.wkyt.com. I don't know if they would have video of it or not. I feel certain w/o looking that they would have a lot of info on this though.

Not sure, It was on WKYT news out of Lexington, http://www.wkyt.com. I don't know if they would have video of it or not. I feel certain w/o looking that they would have a lot of info on this though.

 

Thanks! :thumb:

Wow I just listened to the presser, and I probably heard the dumbest question I ever had before. Patterson at the beginning talks about how he cried when he found out the news. Then a reporter ends up just asking him "Why did you cry?" That is the dumbest question I have ever heard. I mean it is quite obvious for why cried, I mean most people probably would in that situation.

The Cats may not win many more but I feel darn sure they'll go down fighting their tails off. Stranger things have happened. Florida State gave UK a decent game in the Music City Bowl despite all of their attrition. Years ago the Colts won with Tom Matte at QB. It'll be fun to see how UK responds. Some of you may well be surprised. Patterson may be gone but the toughness is still there. Why do you play athletics anyway? Compete and do the very best you can to secure a win.

The Cats may not win many more but I feel darn sure they'll go down fighting their tails off. Stranger things have happened. Florida State gave UK a decent game in the Music City Bowl despite all of their attrition. Years ago the Colts won with Tom Matte at QB. It'll be fun to see how UK responds. Some of you may well be surprised. Patterson may be gone but the toughness is still there. Why do you play athletics anyway? Compete and do the very best you can to secure a win.
:thumb::thumb:
Why couldn't it have been Coury?!?!?!?!?!?!?

 

I jinxed him when I was talking trash at the UGA/UF game this week to a UF fan who pronounced Nick Calathes is by far the best player in the SEC.

 

I usually like reading your posts but I have to say this one is classless. How could you say this about any kid?:irked:

The Cats may not win many more but I feel darn sure they'll go down fighting their tails off. Stranger things have happened. Florida State gave UK a decent game in the Music City Bowl despite all of their attrition. Years ago the Colts won with Tom Matte at QB. It'll be fun to see how UK responds. Some of you may well be surprised. Patterson may be gone but the toughness is still there. Why do you play athletics anyway? Compete and do the very best you can to secure a win.

 

Nice old school reference in Tom Matte. I'm sure many are logging onto wikipedia right now.

 

I'd add LSU 1986 with Ricky Blanton.

I really hate this for Patterson. I also feel bad for the team. They had things turned around and was headed to the NCAA tourney. I have thought about it all day and looking at the last three games I don't see them winning any of them.

UT- will be mad and looking for revenge for the loss to Vandy and UK. UT may beat them worse than Vandy did. Vols 89 Cats 51

 

SC- Senior Day and the coaches last home game. EMotions will be real high. I just think SC will just want it more than UK. G-Cocks 72 Cats 68

 

Fla.- It will be a tight game wit Crawford and Bradley trying to win one on senior day. I just think the Gator's bench is deeper than the Cats. Gators 66 Cats 54.

 

I truely hope I am wrong. I wish Patterson a quick and healthy recovery.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.