Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson Out For Rest Of Season

Featured Replies

No way. An average SEC team yes. Not a team that loses to Gardner Webb, San Diego and the likes...Even with Pattereson it was a stretch of them making it. Now they only have a slim chance.

 

And about them making a run in the NCAA Tourny....:lol::lol:

 

About your last statement....:sleep::sleep::sleep:

 

We'll talk again on Selection Sunday.

  • Replies 240
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll talk again on Selection Sunday.

 

Looking forward to it...

^ Again.....I must contend....what is the REAL benefit of UK making the tourney and going one and done, instead of making a nice run in the NIT? I would think that the extra practices, games, etc....would really help the young kids more than a 10 or 11 seed.

 

To be honest, I think they are one and done if they go to the NIT. It's not like they will be playing the Liberty's of the world in the NIT.It really hurts me to make this opinion by the way.

Looking forward to it...

 

I guess there is always that possibility that UK could play Cincy in the NIT. That would make for some interesting conversation on here.

About your last statement....:sleep::sleep::sleep:

 

We'll talk again on Selection Sunday.

 

I'm seriously not downing UK at all. They have done alot better than I expected them to do the rest of the SEC schedule.

 

But you have to draw the line somewhere and take off the blue shaded glasses. This just isn't their year.

 

BCG isn't a miracle worker. :lol:

I guess there is always that possibility that UK could play Cincy in the NIT. That would make for some interesting conversation on here.

 

I don't think UC plays in the NIT. Maybe the new tournament...

I'm seriously not downing UK at all. They have done alot better than I expected them to do the rest of the SEC schedule.

 

But you have to draw the line somewhere and take off the blue shaded glasses. This just isn't their year.

 

BCG isn't a miracle worker. :lol:

 

We will see, my friend. Go Cats!

I don't think UC plays in the NIT. Maybe the new tournament...

 

What is their record and RPI?

We will see, my friend. Go Cats!

 

Not this year, but in the next few years I will agree with you.:ylsuper:

13-14. 78 RPI. 4 SOS...

 

They probably will still make the NIT. It depends on how they finish up. For the record, I enjoy watching Cincy play because they give maximum effort.

They probably will still make the NIT. It depends on how they finish up. For the record, I enjoy watching Cincy play because they give maximum effort.

And I've enjoyed the same from this UK team. But it is what it is. Without Patterson the resume is seriously flawed. I'd say the same if it happened to UC...

I just heard the news a short time ago while I was sitting with a steak in front of me and as soon as I heard the news I didnt want to even look at it. The good thing is this may help him come back next year since he first round prediction should drop after the injury a tad. Bad news for this year and the improvements we were making but can't wait to see how the rest of the season goes.

If UK goes 11-5 or 12-4 in the SEC, and wins a game in the SECT, they are in IMO. Patterson being out of the mix definitely hurts their resume, but as for all the talk about it being better for this team to go to the NIT, no way. Extra practice time will do nothing for them, as they haven't had a practice all year where everyone is 100%, and that will continue no matter how many games they win in the post season. Those of you that give the Cats zero chance of winning a first round NCAA game, try and rethink it a little bit. With a good matchup against maybe a mid major or the like, we have a shot.

 

I'm not saying its likely we would win, and we definitely wouldn't be favored but we have all seen what Senior guards with experience can do in the NCAA's. Not many teams have bigs the quality of Patterson, so if we can get a combined effort from EVERYONE on the glass, and get a little more production out of Stevenson, Coury, Stewart, and Carter we can win. I'm not talking about having Carter or any of them become double double guys all of a sudden. But Patterson's 16 point and 8 boards a game dispersed between those 4 guys is only 2 buckets per person and 2 rebounds per person. To me, this sounds like it could work. This is also contingent on Bradley and Crawford playing the best basketball of their careers, but with them both going into their last handful of games I've got to think it's possible.

"We're UK, and we're too arrogant to accept reality"...

Or maybe, I'm gametime and being a fan of Cincy, I don't know what NCAA success is like? :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.