Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson Out For Rest Of Season

Featured Replies

I just got the news of PP's injury this morning.

I think I'll go back to bed and try to wake up from this nightmare:cry:

  • Replies 240
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bozich article

 

I expected the University of Kentucky men's basketball team to have a reasonable place in the debate about the final three or four teams that deserve an invitation to the NCAA Tournament.

 

I expected the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee to be tormented by trying to judge a UK team that lost at home to Gardner-Webb but beat Tennessee and a group that lost at home to San Diego but built the second-best record in the Southeastern Conference.

 

I expected UK to complete its surge from a 6-7 start by finishing 12-4 in the SEC. That, coupled with a win or two in the SEC Tournament, would force the committee to think favorably about UK.

 

All that changed yesterday.

 

Now the committee has another chilling factor it must consider about the Wildcats -- Patrick Patterson, UK's most ferocious and productive inside player -- will not play another minute this season. A stress fracture in his left ankle has ended his freshman year.

 

Now coach Billy Gillispie and his players have a more daunting assignment: convincing the committee that Patterson's absence should not terminate the talk about the Cats making the tournament.

 

That won't be easy -- not with Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida and the SEC Tournament looming. In fact, it will be as difficult as anything UK has achieved this season. Without Patterson, the temptation will be to say the Cats are without hope.

 

...

 

Just as the committee is supposed to consider injuries that a team overcame in the early part of the season, it is also called to judge a team by the players it will -- or will not -- take into the tournament.

I suppose if you don't like the message it isn't valid...

I suppose if you don't like the message it isn't valid...

 

I'm not writing them off until the season is actually over.

I'm not writing them off until the season is actually over.

Rick isn't either... he's saying it's a much tougher road, not just for the wins they need but the fact that the committee will take the injury into consideration.

No words can express how dissapointing this is to UK fans. More than just his points and boards will be missed as he really seems to be a leader out on the floor. Forgetting my own misery, get well soon PP, God bless.

Digger Phelps just said UK would be in with 11 wins in the SEC. The other two analysts said they were probably out unless they get a few more wins.

I think I would personally rather see the Cats in the NIT this year.

I feel sorry for Patterson. He is a workhorse. Hardest working playing on the floor for UK.

I think I would personally rather see the Cats in the NIT this year.

 

I really don't know why some of you all think this. I mean there is no guarntee either that we will have a strong run in the NIT. Yeah we know if we make the NCAA that we probably at best only get to the second round. However playing in the NCAA tournament is a good experience for this team. They would get to see even more what it is like, and know what it takes to have to win in the NCAA tournament.

I really don't know why some of you all think this. I mean there is no guarntee either that we will have a strong run in the NIT. Yeah we know if we make the NCAA that we probably at best only get to the second round. However playing in the NCAA tournament is a good experience for this team. They would get to see even more what it is like, and know what it takes to have to win in the NCAA tournament.
The only players without NCAA experience are freshmen, and the only freshman that really matters wouldn't get to play.
I really don't know why some of you all think this. I mean there is no guarntee either that we will have a strong run in the NIT. Yeah we know if we make the NCAA that we probably at best only get to the second round. However playing in the NCAA tournament is a good experience for this team. They would get to see even more what it is like, and know what it takes to have to win in the NCAA tournament.

 

I agree with u on this. People keep saying the Cats will get more games in if they go to the NIT which I disagree with. The NIT will have alot of quality teams in it, in which, there will be a good possibility UK goes one and done here also, which will bring more negativity to the program than losing in the first round of the NCAA.

I'm with you Labs, what kind you drink?

 

As the college games start today, I think I am going to have to go a little stronger.

Have to get my EKY friends to hook me up with some Strawberry Shine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.