Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy G. Needs To Do What Nova Coach Jay Wright Did Today

Featured Replies

I just saw on Sportscenter where Villanova coach Jay Wright took the microphone and addressed the crowd. He was talking to the students and the older folks at the game. He said along the lines that once your not students anymore and become Alumni, you all should still stand up at the games and be loud just like when you were students. I really liked this by Jay Wright and how he really is trying to create the best homecourt advantage he can for his team. Billy G. should try to do the same thing, to try to get some of the older folks to be loud more during the games.

And Nova subsequently lost... :lol:

I just saw on Sportscenter where Villanova coach Jay Wright took the microphone and addressed the crowd. He was talking to the students and the older folks at the game. He said along the lines that once your not students anymore and become Alumni, you all should still stand up at the games and be loud just like when you were students. I really liked this by Jay Wright and how he really is trying to create the best homecourt advantage he can for his team. Billy G. should try to do the same thing, to try to get some of the older folks to be loud more during the games.

 

I think I'm flying to walk from the car to my seat ! Don't ask me to jump up and down !:lol:

  • Author
And Nova subsequently lost... :lol:

 

Yeah I know I saw that, that is why I left that part out. :D

 

I just think Rupp Arena could be a HUGE homecourt advantage for UK, if some of the non students would get up and get loud more. I mean because when everyone does get up and starts yelling it gets Rupp rocking, and you could tell it definitely gives the team energy and definitely rattles the other team. I mean with having the best attendance every year, we have a chance to create the best homecourt advantage out of anyone in the country, we just got to take advantage of that.

Every time I've been to Rupp it's been fairly loud.

I have been to Rupp and US Bank Arena and the crowd's could get into it more. You can even see it when watching on TV several front row fans just sit on their hands. GO CAT'S! JD

I was not there, but Billy G. gave credit to the fans for the Arkansas victory.

Do you really think it was make a big difference if he did this? I think not.

I got an idea. UK should give tickets to the entire Covington Catholic student body. They will come down to Lexington and throw an "athletic supporter clinic" together. Thereby teaching all the old people that standing up and cheering can be fun.

I got an idea. UK should give tickets to the entire Covington Catholic student body. They will come down to Lexington and throw an "athletic supporter clinic" together. Thereby teaching all the old people that standing up and cheering can be fun.

 

"No Girls Allowed" You'd have to make Rupp a good ole boys club :sssh::lol:

The Blue Hair geezers rule Rupp....."Who's got the ball now, Marthy?":sleep:

I was not there, but Billy G. gave credit to the fans for the Arkansas victory.

 

I was lucky enough to be able to sit lower arena for the game and it was very, very loud. Even most of the bluehairs were out of their seats cheering.

I was lucky enough to be able to sit lower arena for the game and it was very' date=' very loud. Even most of the bluehairs were out of their seats cheering.[/quote']

 

 

I was at the game also, and down the stretch vs. Arkansas the croud was good. When Arkansas was at the line late in the game, Rupp was as loud as I have ever heard it. I actually turned to my Dad and said if UK could bottle this and have it all the time, they would never lose in Rupp.

 

With that said, I think part of the problem is with timeouts at UK. I will start by saying that in the first half when UK announces things during timeouts, it deadens the crowd. I think they should wait and do all that at Half time.

 

Second, and I know this is lame, but with all the success the cheer squad has had, they are about as excited to be cheering as the basketball players would be to be at their competitions. UK needs more upbeat timeout things that keep people interested and excited.

Do you really think it was make a big difference if he did this? I think not.

 

If he did, some people would probably be offended by it and say that Gillispie was insulting the Kentucky faithful or something...:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.