Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ben Mauk...eligibility????

Featured Replies

He filed for a 6th year. I for one think he should get it. GT, what say you. If he gets it, they could be in the running for the Big East title, IMO.

Weren't they supposed to hear back from the NCAA today on this?

 

I think he should as well...

^ I think on the radio they said they would know mid week this week. So I would expect something tomorrow.

In general, what is the reasoning behind giving a player a 6th year? I saw that a kid from LSU(??) was just granted a 6th year.

In general, what is the reasoning behind giving a player a 6th year? I saw that a kid from LSU(??) was just granted a 6th year.

 

You want a generalized description of an NCAA rule? :creepy::creepy:

It doesn't look like he will get it, but I should know for sure today or tomorrow. Most of the time a 6th year is only granted for a player that is out for two seasons because of injury. Mauk was a red shirt his first season and then missed one because of the injury...

I do not think he should be granted a 6th year.

 

That is just the risk you take redshirting someone.

I hope he don't get the extra year it is time for Grutza to finish his senior year and for Demetrius Jones to come in behind him. However, Jones may get the not over Grutza. UC has some talented QB's. JD

I hope he don't get the extra year it is time for Grutza to finish his senior year and for Demetrius Jones to come in behind him. However, Jones may get the not over Grutza. UC has some talented QB's. JD

 

Neither may get the job with all the QBs they'll have next year. It'll definitely make for some great competition.

Neither may get the job with all the QBs they'll have next year. It'll definitely make for some great competition.

Pike and Anderson will be the sleepers that could jump up and claim the spot. BK really liked Pike last off season...

Pike and Anderson will be the sleepers that could jump up and claim the spot. BK really liked Pike last off season...

 

I really liked Pike early in the season. He came in and ran the offense very well, and he was surprisingly mobile.

I hope he gets it to. But won't they be ready to move onto Jones?

I hope he gets it to. But won't they be ready to move onto Jones?

 

Kelly will be ready to move on, but Jones isn't guaranteed the spot. There will be a battle this spring for the spot, and it'll possibly move into the fall.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.