Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown 55 Villanova 53

Featured Replies

Pretty bad. You know its bad when they are calling you out on ESPN all night. I can see an apology being issued after this one.

 

Too bad in college basketball they cant make you replay stuff like that like they can in the NBA.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT was awful....a game shouldn't be marred by an idiotic mistake.

This official must have been up for a job as a Big East football official. If so, I think he got the job. :lol:

I thought there were a lot of problems on the last drive.

 

1. Reynolds clearly extended his arm to gain separation and that is an offensive foul, but can understand that no call there.

 

2. Reynolds was bumped out of bounds before he made the pass. If you are not going to call that, fine, but...

 

3. You cannot call the bump on the sideline if you don't call the bump on the baseline. It is one thing to be bad but if you are bad and inconsitant you really drive a coach nuts...

I know that one game does not a season make, but Villanova is squarely on the bubble, about to fall off. They really needed a win tonight.

This official must have been up for a job as a Big East football official. If so, I think he got the job. :lol:

 

 

 

Not sure about that. But one thing he shouldn't be up for, is any post season action. That was a pathetic call.

ONe of the worse game ending calls I have ever seen.

Horrific call...

 

Aside from that...me thinks Georgetown has issues.

It was the first time that Georgetown beat 'Nova at home in ten years. Add on top of that a wild game in Louisville on Saturday night for a quick turn-around against the team that waits all season for two events (The Big 5 and playing Georgetown) and I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Wildcats pull it off. I don't think it's fair to say that they have issues based on that, although I do think Georgetown needs another scorer and for Summers to take on his role faster.

I dont think have enough scoring power to duplicate a run like they had last year.

I dont think have enough scoring power to duplicate a run like they had last year.

 

I agree that they're not in my top tier of Final Four contenders this year, but I still wouldn't qualify that as having issues or read too much into their past few games.

What if he calls out of bounds, gives the ball to Nova and they score? Would everyone be claiming he should have called the foul then because Nova gained an advantage by knocking the guy out of bounds?

  • Author
What if he calls out of bounds, gives the ball to Nova and they score? Would everyone be claiming he should have called the foul then because Nova gained an advantage by knocking the guy out of bounds?

What everyone is saying is that he didn't even really touch him at all. And if he does go out of bounds because of any contact, there's either no time, or maybe .2 seconds on the clock. Your scenario is unlikely.

What everyone is saying is that he didn't even really touch him at all. And if he does go out of bounds because of any contact, there's either no time, or maybe .2 seconds on the clock. Your scenario is unlikely.

 

Unlikely, yes. But possible, yes.

Possible on the phantom contact that ACTUALLY occurred? No.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.