Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown 55 Villanova 53

Featured Replies

What if he calls out of bounds, gives the ball to Nova and they score? Would everyone be claiming he should have called the foul then because Nova gained an advantage by knocking the guy out of bounds?

 

No, because there was a no call on the drive and the bump on the baseline, so THAT no call would have been consistent with the rest of the play. THAT is why is was a bad call.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, because there was a no call on the drive and the bump on the baseline, so THAT no call would have been consistent with the rest of the play. THAT is why is was a bad call.

 

Did the bump on the drive and on the baseline cause anyone to go out of bounds?

Did the bump on the drive and on the baseline cause anyone to go out of bounds?

 

Yes...In fact, it could be argued that the bump on the baseline was the cause of him losing control of the ball....

Did the bump on the drive and on the baseline cause anyone to go out of bounds?

 

Absolutely. It's what caused the turnover on the baseline.

What if he calls out of bounds, gives the ball to Nova and they score? Would everyone be claiming he should have called the foul then because Nova gained an advantage by knocking the guy out of bounds?

 

I'm late to the thread and didn't see the game. I'm with IMOM on this one. The contact caused the kid to go out of bounds. You can't ignore it simply based on the time left. You don't ignore and THEN give the ball back to the offending team. You also don't say "well I let someone else get bumped earlier and didn't call it even though I should have." The rule is clear. The bump caused him to go OOB from the angle I saw so it has to be a foul.

 

Nova fans should be crying about the lack of intelligence of the defender getting that close and making contact 70 feet from the basket.

 

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the lack of consistency. That may be a valid criticism but it doesn't make the last call wrong - just inconsistent.

cshs81, you're responding to IMOM's hypothetical, not what actually happened. Try and find a Youtube, so you can see what DID happen.

cshs81, you're responding to IMOM's hypothetical, not what actually happened. Try and find a Youtube, so you can see what DID happen.

 

I saw the highlight on ESPN and thought it was a foul. He bumped the guy OOB from the angle I saw.

I dont believe he stepped out of bounds until after the foul was called and the clock was stopped.

I dont believe he stepped out of bounds until after the foul was called and the clock was stopped.

 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6qplYM3KrPM

 

Watch this at about the 1:20 mark. He steps OOB and THEN the official raises his hand to stop play.

The Georgetown player after the game said he wasn't even sure he was fouled.

 

"At first I thought I stepped out of bounds," Wallace said, "because I was trying to make a play with the time running down. But I did kind of [feel a] nudge when I was trying to turn the corner."

"So," Wallace shrugged, "a call's a call."

 

That's a phantom call, when the player that got 'fouled' obviously doesn't even think it happened.

The Georgetown player after the game said he wasn't even sure he was fouled.

 

 

 

That's a phantom call, when the player that got 'fouled' obviously doesn't even think it happened.

 

Are you saying he wasn't bumped? We must be watching a different play.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6qplYM3KrPM

 

Watch this at about the 1:20 mark. He steps OOB and THEN the official raises his hand to stop play.

 

That's a bad view, look at the link I posted... his hand is moving BEFORE the step out of bounds, but forward instead of up. The foul is called before he steps out.

Are you saying he wasn't bumped? We must be watching a different play.
I'm posting what the GEORGETOWN player said.
That's a bad view, look at the link I posted... his hand is moving BEFORE the step out of bounds, but forward instead of up. The foul is called before he steps out.

 

What link did you post?

What link did you post?
You quoted it a moment ago...:cool:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.