Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Scoring Leader

Featured Replies

I heard he had 3 points at the end of the 3rd... Then he scored 24 on the Mason Co. subs in the 4th...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

You heard WRONG

 

 

The starters from Mason didnt go out until 1:26 left in the game.

 

He scored 25 while they were in and 2 Foul Shots after they left the game.

 

Miller was on him 95% of the time.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You heard WRONG

 

 

The starters from Mason didnt go out until 1:26 left in the game.

 

He scored 25 while they were in and 2 Foul Shots after they left the game.

 

Miller was on him 95% of the time.

 

I was just going by what a kid who plays for Mason Co. told me...So... Mason Co. is winning by 30 points and has their starters in with less than 2 minutes left in the game..I find this hard to believe...

Link....http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/regularseason/2008/statsbit.htm

 

I know that those are not completely correct because Chris Owens is averaging about 24 a game. Maybe it was just not reported to the KHSAA.

I know that those are not completely correct because Chris Owens is averaging about 24 a game. Maybe it was just not reported to the KHSAA.
Wrong, the information the KHSAA is correct/accurate, based off what the HS coaches submit.

 

If there is a player, who has a valid statistics in any of the categories, the KHSAA can't post, unless they are submitted.

 

I can't believe I'm defending the KHSAA....:D

I was just going by what a kid who plays for Mason Co. told me...So... Mason Co. is winning by 30 points and has their starters in with less than 2 minutes left in the game..I find this hard to believe...

 

Sorry, but it's true, I think you might want to check out the Mason and Elliott County thread.

I heard he had 3 points at the end of the 3rd... Then he scored 24 on the Mason Co. subs in the 4th...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

I think you pulled that one out of your hat. The Mason starters were in the game with 1:26 left in the game. I know it is hard for people from the bigger areas to face the fact that a player from lowly Eastern Kentucky can be the leading scorer in the State and score 27 points on the #1 team and best player in the state but it is true and you might as well face it. Give the kid a little credit and enjoy the sport.

Can anyone find a list w/ past year-by-year statistical champs?

I think you pulled that one out of your hat. The Mason starters were in the game with 1:26 left in the game. I know it is hard for people from the bigger areas to face the fact that a player from lowly Eastern Kentucky can be the leading scorer in the State and score 27 points on the #1 team and best player in the state but it is true and you might as well face it. Give the kid a little credit and enjoy the sport.

 

I don't think that's it - for those that don't know, the greatest per season scorer in Kentucky history, Ervin Stepp, hailed from Eastern Kentucky. I think the obstacle you've got to overcome is that a lot of those points are coming against lesser competition. Mr. Stepp is a pretty good example of how numbers can be deceiving - he AVERAGED over 50 points a game as a junior and senior, but couldn't even crack the starting lineup at EKU and transferred.

[/b]

Two biggest games Ferguson has played in were in the Khsaa Sweet Sixteen.

He had 28 against Shelby Valley, and 25 against Warren Central. He made the Khsaa All Tournament team.

 

District's and Region I am sure would be considered big game's also.

Freshman year he averaged 25 a game through districts and region, and was

first freshman to get 16th Region MVP award

 

Sophomore year, Districts 25 and 28 Region- played all three games with fever over 101(flu virus) still had 13, 12, 11 and made 16th Region All touney

 

Biggest regular season game probably Cov.Cath had 29.

 

Athleticism= 30" vert 40 in 4.5 First step as quick as Lofton's in High school.

 

Ready for College-- Right now no! He is just a junior

 

Getting recruited-- Yes, by several mid- majors and a couple High majors and recieving letters from lots of high major's.

 

I doubt you have ever saw him play, but he has averaged 19.6 as Freshman

23.2 as a sophomore(Honorable Mention All State)

 

So far this year between 27-28 per game

 

Just a scorer--No - 6rebds, 3 asst, 3steals, 3.5 deflecs per game over last three season's.

 

I don't know what you consider cracking, but Ferguson usually rises to the occasion in big games as the stats above prove. Does he have bad games, yes same as every other basketball player who has ever stepped on a court.

The red is believable. The blue,,,not so much. I'd like to see that one. Quickness and 4.5 are 2 different things.

What about comparing Ferguson to Richie Farmer.

 

They are similar size and build. I think Ferg might be a little taller. Both very athletic. Ferg might be a better 3 point shooter. I'll give Richie the edge in ball handling slightly.

 

The more I think about, the more Ferguson reminds me of Richie Farmer.

 

Didn't Richie play for University of Kentucky? I recall he was a solid contributer as well.

What about comparing Ferguson to Richie Farmer.

 

They are similar size and build. I think Ferg might be a little taller. Both very athletic. Ferg might be a better 3 point shooter. I'll give Richie the edge in ball handling slightly.

 

The more I think about, the more Ferguson reminds me of Richie Farmer.

 

Didn't Richie play for University of Kentucky? I recall he was a solid contributer as well.

 

Only because of the most extraordinary of circumstances.

Only because of the most extraordinary of circumstances.
Maybe, but they sure were fun to watch.
What about comparing Ferguson to Richie Farmer.

 

They are similar size and build. I think Ferg might be a little taller. Both very athletic. Ferg might be a better 3 point shooter. I'll give Richie the edge in ball handling slightly.

 

The more I think about, the more Ferguson reminds me of Richie Farmer.

 

Didn't Richie play for University of Kentucky? I recall he was a solid contributer as well.

 

Ferg is a few inches taller than Farmer. And Farmer's mechanics on his shot was a lot different. I think he compares more with Lofton on size, shooting mechanics, ball handling, quickness, and overall athletic ability. Ferg is listed at 6'2" and am told that it what he measures, although some argue 6'1". Pretty much same size as Lofton.

The red is believable. The blue,,,not so much. I'd like to see that one. Quickness and 4.5 are 2 different things.

 

Spindoc ole buddy, I timed that 4.5 myself, after the coach did and I didn't believe it. PM me and I will set up a time and date after seasons over and he is rested up good.

Spindoc ole buddy, I timed that 4.5 myself, after the coach did and I didn't believe it. PM me and I will set up a time and date after seasons over and he is rested up good.

 

I will not speak for Spindoc but I will say that I was struck by the post the exact same way he was. I had no problem believing a 30" vertical but my first reaction to the 4.5 forty time was exactly the same as his. You see a lot of people claim 4.4 or 4.5 forties when the reality is about a 4.7 (which is certainly nothing to be ashamed of). Probably less than 5% of high school athletes run faster than 4.7 in the 40. Like Spindoc said, quickness is much more important in basketball than a 4.5 forty.

 

Ferguson can certainly play the game and I am sure if he stays healthy and wants to play after high school he will have the opportunity whether he runs a 4.5 forty or not. Good luck to him!! :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.