Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Scoring Leader

Featured Replies

Seen him play Friday against Raceland he shot a 3 pointer at least 11 to 12 feet behind the arch and made it. I was sitting within ear shot of his dad when he said with disbelief !!Jonathan!!!, but when it stripped the bottom of the net his dad began to smile and clap his hands.

 

A 41-footer. Really? Surely this was a buzzer-beater at the end of a quarter.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't you think if there was a team/player putting up amazing numbers that they would report them? I'd say the ones that don't report either don't want anyone to see them or they aren't good enough for them to care to take the time to report them.

 

Any other thoughts?

 

Not necessarily. Some coaches like to make any information about their team a mystery, using the line of thinking that it makes their team tougher to prepare for. Other coaches figure if you want to know how many points a game his kids average, track the box scores in the CJ and H-L.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but this has turned into one of the silliest threads on BGP.

 

Lots of kids are shooters. Fewer kids are makers... the kind you want the ball in their hands in a big game in a pressure situation. Ferguson is a true scorer. Whether he'd average 29 ppg or 24 ppg in regions 7/11 is a moot point. Whether he'd average 40 or 50 on a team that looked to him exclusively instead of four other shooters too is also moot. The fact is, he's leading the state for good reason. He's worked hard to become one of the best at what he does, which just happens to be the point of the whole game itself... putting the round orange ball through the round orange hoop.

 

Any kid averaging 28 or more ppg would be kinda hard to keep a secret in any region of the state don't you think? Any coach with such a kid on his team and not reporting it to the KHSAA deserves his anonymity.

 

I've watced the Ferguson kid play dozens of times and he's for real.

 

Shoulda, woulda, coulda doesn't change the fact that he consistently puts the ball in the basket... apparently more than anyone else is doing at this time.

 

I remember hearing a few years ago that Chris Lofton might not be big enough to play major division one level basketball... :lol:

 

Now I'm hearing he may actually be considered a reasonable NBA prospect.

 

Ferguson's another one of those kids that will make things tough for all the experts. Who knows... he might even be Commissioner of Agriculture someday... :lol: :lol: :lol:

A 41-footer. Really? Surely this was a buzzer-beater at the end of a quarter.

 

Be more like 31. I think the arc is right around 20, + the 10 or 11 Hootscoot said would make it right at 31-32.

I was sitting at mid-court the other night and it was not an end of quarter shot. Ferg may have thought he was 6 or 7 feet behind the line, but he was in fact at 31 feet and the ball drew rain and settled straight through the net. It was the longest trey I have seen all year HS or college. I have seen 8 Elliott games this year and he consistently makes them from 25/26 feet. In fact I like his chances from 25 feet better than when he is right on the line. Right on the line may be a little too close a shot for him to gage.

 

I never saw Lofton dunk in HS, but I saw him make a ton of threes. Dunks count 2 and guess what a three counts!! I am afraid some of the bigger schools will do the same thing with Jonathan and miss out on a jewel. Kinda like when Ronnie Dawn (NCC Grad) played at Marshall andl lite UK up with 7 treys and 27 points in US Bank Arena a few years back. Ferg has the same range as Lofton as a shooter.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but this has turned into one of the silliest threads on BGP.

 

Lots of kids are shooters. Fewer kids are makers... the kind you want the ball in their hands in a big game in a pressure situation. Ferguson is a true scorer. Whether he'd average 29 ppg or 24 ppg in regions 7/11 is a moot point. Whether he'd average 40 or 50 on a team that looked to him exclusively instead of four other shooters too is also moot. The fact is, he's leading the state for good reason. He's worked hard to become one of the best at what he does, which just happens to be the point of the whole game itself... putting the round orange ball through the round orange hoop.

 

Any kid averaging 28 or more ppg would be kinda hard to keep a secret in any region of the state don't you think? Any coach with such a kid on his team and not reporting it to the KHSAA deserves his anonymity.

 

I've watced the Ferguson kid play dozens of times and he's for real.

 

Shoulda, woulda, coulda doesn't change the fact that he consistently puts the ball in the basket... apparently more than anyone else is doing at this time.

 

I remember hearing a few years ago that Chris Lofton might not be big enough to play major division one level basketball... :lol:

 

Now I'm hearing he may actually be considered a reasonable NBA prospect.

 

Ferguson's another one of those kids that will make things tough for all the experts. Who knows... he might even be Commissioner of Agriculture someday... :lol: :lol: :lol:

NICE post.

To top it all off, he is a very good kid. GOOOOOOOOOOOO Ferg.

He's not not downing a kid. He's saying that better players put up fewer points cause they play in far more talented regions where defenses are tougher and games are far more challenging.

 

I saw on another site where the MIGHTY 6TH REGION & 2 of their top 3 teams have been beaten by 15th region teams.(Shelby Valley beat DeSales & Paintsville beat Holy Cross). Then throw in Elliotts thumping of North Oldham from the MIGHTY 6TH, who beats the team from the MIGHTY 6TH with the 4th best record Bullit East I think things look pretty good for Eastern Ky Basketball & 15th & 16th regions against the MIGHTY 6TH!!!!

I was sitting at mid-court the other night and it was not an end of quarter shot. Ferg may have thought he was 6 or 7 feet behind the line, but he was in fact at 31 feet and the ball drew rain and settled straight through the net. It was the longest trey I have seen all year HS or college. I have seen 8 Elliott games this year and he consistently makes them from 25/26 feet. In fact I like his chances from 25 feet better than when he is right on the line. Right on the line may be a little too close a shot for him to gage.

 

I never saw Lofton dunk in HS, but I saw him make a ton of threes. Dunks count 2 and guess what a three counts!! I am afraid some of the bigger schools will do the same thing with Jonathan and miss out on a jewel. Kinda like when Ronnie Dawn (NCC Grad) played at Marshall andl lite UK up with 7 treys and 27 points in US Bank Arena a few years back. Ferg has the same range as Lofton as a shooter.

 

So are you saying this kid should be recruited by a school as highly touted and as much tradition as uk?:confused:

Having watched and played over thousands of games in my 40+ years including seeing Lofton over 20x in HS--Yes. He is the same size as Lofton and can equally shoot with him. He can and will play D-1. An SEC school had him down recently on a recruiting trip and he sit right behind their bench and the coach.

For the sake of not saying too much I will leave the school out.

So are you saying this kid should be recruited by a school as highly touted and as much tradition as uk?:confused:
Ferguson is still young and getting attention, from various levels. If Elliott can continue playing against top programs, tournaments and make a run to the Sweet 16, he'll get a chance to play against similar style of players.

 

I can verify....Yes, he is getting attention and evaluation.

 

The KHSAA leader board, offers some interesting information on players and some coaches don't post, for obvious reasons.

Ferguson is still young and getting attention, from various levels. If Elliott can continue playing against top programs, tournaments and make a run to the Sweet 16, he'll get a chance to play against similar style of players.

 

I can verify....Yes, he is getting attention and evaluation.

 

The KHSAA leader board, offers some interesting information on players and some coaches don't post, for obvious reasons.

 

STRIKE3 is right. Again I won't say too much of what I know for respecting the family. But I will just say FERG is loved and doesn't feel lonely or left out. He wouldn't anyway because he has a great support base and family.

I saw on another site where the MIGHTY 6TH REGION & 2 of their top 3 teams have been beaten by 15th region teams.(Shelby Valley beat DeSales & Paintsville beat Holy Cross). Then throw in Elliotts thumping of North Oldham from the MIGHTY 6TH, who beats the team from the MIGHTY 6TH with the 4th best record Bullit East I think things look pretty good for Eastern Ky Basketball & 15th & 16th regions against the MIGHTY 6TH!!!!

 

North Oldham is in the 8th Region. And you can be as sarcastic as you want, but Elliott County would not roll up the record it has if it played a steady diet of 6th, 7th or 11th region teams. That's just a fact.

Be more like 31. I think the arc is right around 20, + the 10 or 11 Hootscoot said would make it right at 31-32.

 

Oops, bad math on my part. Number's ain't my strongest suit. Still, why is the kid shooting 31-footers?

Having watched and played over thousands of games in my 40+ years including seeing Lofton over 20x in HS--Yes. He is the same size as Lofton and can equally shoot with him. He can and will play D-1. An SEC school had him down recently on a recruiting trip and he sit right behind their bench and the coach.

For the sake of not saying too much I will leave the school out.

 

Ok we will see how he compares to Lofton then. Ill let his skills speak for himself. I just dont see how you can compare him to a player such as Lofton.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.