Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Scoring Leader

Featured Replies

Ok we will see how he compares to lofton then. Ill let his skills speak for himself. I just dont see how you can compare him to a player such as lofton.
I'm not saying whether Ferguson is another Lofton or not. The funny is there were folks saying the same kinds of things about Lofton his junior year of high school. He had his strong supporters who saw him on a regular basis, and his critics who maybe saw him a time or two and were experts about why he'd never make it at the D-1 level. Talent is one thing, heart is entirely intangible.
  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Mcindian was referring to post #55 by Lion's mania in which Mr Mania stated he had watched Lofton numerous time's, and Ferguson reminded him of Lofton in high school. I myself have heard several aau coaches, and an Ky All Star committee member

state that Ferguson reminded them of Lofton when he was in High school also. He may never reach the plateau of Lofton but he does have a really nice jumper similar to his and is having a great high school career so far. I tell you one way they are similar for sure, they both are only human and they both will have good games and bad games

however far their career's take them

That's OK Fastbreak. I need someone in my corner even if they didn't realize it. A lot of games, bridges to cross, and other factors before Ferg can get to Lofton's position, but I truly believe he has the potential with his shooting ability and quickness. He is a great young man and I will stay in his corner no matter where he goes to school be it D-1 or D-whatever.

I was sitting at mid-court the other night and it was not an end of quarter shot. Ferg may have thought he was 6 or 7 feet behind the line, but he was in fact at 31 feet and the ball drew rain and settled straight through the net. It was the longest trey I have seen all year HS or college. I have seen 8 Elliott games this year and he consistently makes them from 25/26 feet. In fact I like his chances from 25 feet better than when he is right on the line. Right on the line may be a little too close a shot for him to gage.

 

I never saw Lofton dunk in HS, but I saw him make a ton of threes. Dunks count 2 and guess what a three counts!! I am afraid some of the bigger schools will do the same thing with Jonathan and miss out on a jewel. Kinda like when Ronnie Dawn (NCC Grad) played at Marshall andl lite UK up with 7 treys and 27 points in US Bank Arena a few years back. Ferg has the same range as Lofton as a shooter.

 

Great Shooter but doesnt have the same swagger and athleticism as Lofton. Ive watched this kid crack in big games. not ready for college.

Great Shooter but doesnt have the same swagger and athleticism as lofton. Ive watched this kid crack in big games. not ready for college.

 

 

I have seen him play in big games before and the only 1 that comes to mind is the

Rose Hill game this year he was 2-16 from the field but he hit some clutch Free Throws. What GAMES did you see him crack?

Sorry Schue you are correct N Oldham is in the 8th & I knew that just caught in a fog there for a moment. It is just I get tired of the big regions downgrade of a team if they come from a weaker region. I'll be the first to say EC or any other school wouldn't experience this same success in those regions. However,it does not mean they wouldn't be top 3 or so in any region in the state.

Great Shooter but doesnt have the same swagger and athleticism as lofton. Ive watched this kid crack in big games. not ready for college.

 

I have watched this kid play all of his games this year and most of his games in years past. Just for the record name the big games you have seen him crack in. Every player including Lofton has off games and yes he had an off game against Rose Hill if you are calling that a big game. Unless you have specifics you should not try to slam a kid for whatever reason. I could say I seen you play for UK but without something to back me up besides words it wouldn't be worth the paper it is wrote on. From your post I doubt that you have ever seen him play.

Great Shooter but doesnt have the same swagger and athleticism as lofton. Ive watched this kid crack in big games. not ready for college.

Two biggest games Ferguson has played in were in the Khsaa Sweet Sixteen.

He had 28 against Shelby Valley, and 25 against Warren Central. He made the Khsaa All Tournament team.

 

District's and Region I am sure would be considered big game's also.

Freshman year he averaged 25 a game through districts and region, and was

first freshman to get 16th Region MVP award

 

Sophomore year, Districts 25 and 28 Region- played all three games with fever over 101(flu virus) still had 13, 12, 11 and made 16th Region All touney

 

Biggest regular season game probably Cov.Cath had 29.

 

Athleticism= 30" vert 40 in 4.5 First step as quick as Lofton's in High school.

 

Ready for College-- Right now no! He is just a junior

 

Getting recruited-- Yes, by several mid- majors and a couple High majors and recieving letters from lots of high major's.

 

I doubt you have ever saw him play, but he has averaged 19.6 as Freshman

23.2 as a sophomore(Honorable Mention All State)

 

So far this year between 27-28 per game

 

Just a scorer--No - 6rebds, 3 asst, 3steals, 3.5 deflecs per game over last three season's.

 

I don't know what you consider cracking, but Ferguson usually rises to the occasion in big games as the stats above prove. Does he have bad games, yes same as every other basketball player who has ever stepped on a court.

Great Shooter but doesnt have the same swagger and athleticism as lofton. Ive watched this kid crack in big games. not ready for college.

 

I seriously doubt you have ever saw him play. I have watched close to 40 years of basketball and Ferguson is a legit player. Only thing he has going against him is his height. 6'2" which is not all that bad considering how athletic he is.

[/b]

Two biggest games Ferguson has played in were in the Khsaa Sweet Sixteen.

He had 28 against Shelby Valley, and 25 against Warren Central. He made the Khsaa All Tournament team.

 

District's and Region I am sure would be considered big game's also.

Freshman year he averaged 25 a game through districts and region, and was

first freshman to get 16th Region MVP award

 

Sophomore year, Districts 25 and 28 Region- played all three games with fever over 101(flu virus) still had 13, 12, 11 and made 16th Region All touney

 

Biggest regular season game probably Cov.Cath had 29.

 

Athleticism= 30" vert 40 in 4.5 First step as quick as Lofton's in High school.

 

Ready for College-- Right now no! He is just a junior

 

Getting recruited-- Yes, by several mid- majors and a couple High majors and recieving letters from lots of high major's.

 

I doubt you have ever saw him play, but he has averaged 19.6 as Freshman

23.2 as a sophomore(Honorable Mention All State)

 

So far this year between 27-28 per game

 

Just a scorer--No - 6rebds, 3 asst, 3steals, 3.5 deflecs per game over last three season's.

 

I don't know what you consider cracking, but Ferguson usually rises to the occasion in big games as the stats above prove. Does he have bad games, yes same as every other basketball player who has ever stepped on a court.

 

 

Very good post. This says it all.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

[/b]

Two biggest games Ferguson has played in were in the Khsaa Sweet Sixteen.

He had 28 against Shelby Valley, and 25 against Warren Central. He made the Khsaa All Tournament team.

 

District's and Region I am sure would be considered big game's also.

Freshman year he averaged 25 a game through districts and region, and was

first freshman to get 16th Region MVP award

 

Sophomore year, Districts 25 and 28 Region- played all three games with fever over 101(flu virus) still had 13, 12, 11 and made 16th Region All touney

 

Biggest regular season game probably Cov.Cath had 29.

 

Athleticism= 30" vert 40 in 4.5 First step as quick as Lofton's in High school.

 

Ready for College-- Right now no! He is just a junior

 

Getting recruited-- Yes, by several mid- majors and a couple High majors and recieving letters from lots of high major's.

 

I doubt you have ever saw him play, but he has averaged 19.6 as Freshman

23.2 as a sophomore(Honorable Mention All State)

 

So far this year between 27-28 per game

 

Just a scorer--No - 6rebds, 3 asst, 3steals, 3.5 deflecs per game over last three season's.

 

I don't know what you consider cracking, but Ferguson usually rises to the occasion in big games as the stats above prove. Does he have bad games, yes same as every other basketball player who has ever stepped on a court.

 

Thanks for the stats BBall Jones. These stats reveal that Ferguson has been a solid player not only as a Junior but also as a Freshman and Sophomore, he has steadily improved each year. I am looking foward to seeing the probable improvement through his senior year. "WOW"

Great Shooter but doesnt have the same swagger and athleticism as lofton. Ive watched this kid crack in big games. not ready for college.

 

Just wandering did you see Ferguson crack those 27 points against the #1 team in the state "Mason County" and supposed to be the #1 defender and player Miller? Looks like he did crack in that game, but evidently it was the bottom of the net doing the cracking. I still say you had never seen him play up untill that time.

Time will tell, but I know Ferguson is a real deal as a shooter and I know that Miller is by far the best all around ball player I've seen this year.

I just read the khsaa stat leader's and saw that Jonathan Ferguson of

Elliott Co is leading the state in scoring at 28 pts per game. Elliott's team is also leading at 87.6 pts per game.

 

Congrats to a nice player and a nice team

 

To be real honest, I am equally impressed with the 88 PPG the team is averaging. Anybody got a summary of results for Elliott Co. games this year? I didn't think anybody scored like that anymore.

Just wandering did you see Ferguson crack those 27 points against the #1 team in the state "Mason County" and supposed to be the #1 defender and player Miller? Looks like he did crack in that game, but evidently it was the bottom of the net doing the cracking. I still say you had never seen him play up untill that time.

 

I heard he had 3 points at the end of the 3rd... Then he scored 24 on the Mason Co. subs in the 4th...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.