Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Scoring Leader

Featured Replies

Then in the years past when the bigger schools had players and teams that were the leading scorers in the state they did it because they were playing weak teams!! And yes from reading your post you were trying to discredit the player and team. The thread was about congradulating the player and team on their outstanding accomplishments and you try to trash them by saying most players and teams that lead the scoring category are teams that don't play good competition. Do you even know who the team has played this season off hand without looking into the schedule?:fire:

 

Nope, off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you their exact schedule, I'm not much of a follower of Elliot County BBall. But I have looked at their schedule while hearing all the hype about them and every team they beat seemed like it was by atleast 20 or 30 points, I also know that most teams they played were EKY schools that aren't very good. And when they played Rose Hill they got beat? I've seen RH played and was not very impressed. I'm just saying that there's a good chance these players/teams wouldn't score near this many points if they played in the 6th, 7th, 9th, or 11th regions. I don't see how you can disagree with that either. IDK maybe it's just me......:confused:

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

 

Your probley right. EC will get a good test this week vs Mason Co. We will see if they can put up those big numbers in this game.

Nope, off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you their exact schedule, I'm not much of a follower of Elliot County BBall. But I have looked at their schedule while hearing all the hype about them and every team they beat seemed like it was by atleast 20 or 30 points, I also know that most teams they played were EKY schools that aren't very good. And when they played Rose Hill they got beat? I've seen RH played and was not very impressed. I'm just saying that there's a good chance these players/teams wouldn't score near this many points if they played in the 6th, 7th, 9th, or 11th regions. I don't see how you can disagree with that either. IDK maybe it's just me......:confused:

 

Who care's? They don't play in those region's. Why would you try to down a kid? If someone at Riverside(if they still have a school) was leading I would congratulate him like everyone else on the thread did.

Who care's? They don't play in those region's. Why would you try to down a kid? If someone at Riverside(if they still have a school) was leading I would congratulate him like everyone else on the thread did.

 

He's not not downing a kid. He's saying that better players put up fewer points cause they play in far more talented regions where defenses are tougher and games are far more challenging.

He's not not downing a kid. He's saying that better players put up fewer points cause they play in far more talented regions where defenses are tougher and games are far more challenging.

 

If your speaking of Ferguson, I have followed him for two or three years

and yes he has bad games like everyone but he puts up big numbers against

good competition especially of the summer against some really tough comp.

He had 29 against Cov. Cath and Grimes who is supposed to be a great defender said he was one of the toughest he ever guarded. He may not score 5 against Mason. Who know's? I do however know he is a legit player

lacking only in height.

He had 29 against Cov. Cath and Grimes who is supposed to be a great defender said he was one of the toughest he ever guarded. He may not score 5 against Mason.

While I would generally agree with MCHS's position, this kid seems to be an exception. Grimes told me that he was the BEST that he has guarded, and Grimes has guarded a heck of a lot of good players.

He's not not downing a kid. He's saying that better players put up fewer points cause they play in far more talented regions where defenses are tougher and games are far more challenging.

 

Thank you:thumb:

While I would generally agree with MCHS's position, this kid seems to be an exception. Grimes told me that he was the BEST that he has guarded, and Grimes has guarded a heck of a lot of good players.

 

He might be an exception. As I said earlier, maybe they would score a lot of points against a tougher schedule.

Not all teams report statistics. He is just the leader of those stats that have been reported.

Not all teams report statistics. He is just the leader of those stats that have been reported.

 

I'd say you are right. There is probably someone "out there" somewhere in the state scoring 40 or 50 a game, and they are just not listing it!!

I'd say you are right. There is probably someone "out there" somewhere in the state scoring 40 or 50 a game, and they are just not listing it!!

 

Don't you think if there was a team/player putting up amazing numbers that they would report them? I'd say the ones that don't report either don't want anyone to see them or they aren't good enough for them to care to take the time to report them.

 

Any other thoughts?

I think that was the exact point "Hoops" was making.

Oh, ok, I reread his post and caught the sarcasm. Thanks for pointing that out handslam.:thumb:

Oh, ok, I reread his post and caught the sarcasm. Thanks for pointing that out handslam.:thumb:

 

I started to put rolleyes on it but didnt want to make anyone mad.;)

While I would generally agree with MCHS's position, this kid seems to be an exception. Grimes told me that he was the BEST that he has guarded, and Grimes has guarded a heck of a lot of good players.

 

Seen him play Friday against Raceland he shot a 3 pointer at least 11 to 12 feet behind the arch and made it. I was sitting within ear shot of his dad when he said with disbelief !!Jonathan!!!, but when it stripped the bottom of the net his dad began to smile and clap his hands.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.