Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Scoring Leader

Featured Replies

I don't think that's it - for those that don't know, the greatest per season scorer in Kentucky history, Ervin Stepp, hailed from Eastern Kentucky. I think the obstacle you've got to overcome is that a lot of those points are coming against lesser competition. Mr. Stepp is a pretty good example of how numbers can be deceiving - he AVERAGED over 50 points a game as a junior and senior, but couldn't even crack the starting lineup at EKU and transferred.

 

What about the ones he scored on Cov. Cath(29), Christian Co(30)

Mason(27) Warren Central 06'(25) those are not lesser comp. and he averaged 27.7 against them. Its been told on here a dozen times that he averages good numbers no matter where he plays or who against in the summer, regular season, whatever. I think Hootscoot's point has a little bit of truth to it.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about the ones he scored on Cov. Cath(29), Christian Co(30)

Mason(27) Warren Central 06'(25) those are not lesser comp. and he averaged 27.7 against them. Its been told on here a dozen times that he averages good numbers no matter where he plays or who against in the summer, regular season, whatever. I think Hootscoot's point has a little bit of truth to it.

 

Where are the offers from?

Ferg has a much quicker 1st step & much more overall quickness than Ervin Stepp had but still Stepp was the better shooter & ball handler.

  • Author
Where are the offers from?

 

Don't know nothing about his offer's, but what does offers have to do with whether or not you played really well against top high school teams in your state? From what I can read and people I've talked to across the state this kid is a player. If the numbers posted above on those teams are correct he can definately get the job done. I know of several players in the past who did not have early offers, but before they graduated high school they signed

with D1 school's. If you know anything about high school basketball, you know this is true.

  • Author
Ferg has a much quicker 1st step & much more overall quickness than Ervin Stepp had but still Stepp was the better shooter & ball handler.

 

IMO Ervin Stepp would not have scored 10 pts on Darius Miller. He shot a set shot and imo would not have got hardly any looks with Miller on him. I am not so sure he was a better shooter from looking at Fergusons percentage's, but he did shoot a lot more than Ferguson. I see where people post Ferg and others Ferguson, which is his real name?

^ Jonathan Ferguson.

IMO Ervin Stepp would not have scored 10 pts on Darius Miller. He shot a set shot and imo would not have got hardly any looks with Miller on him. I am not so sure he was a better shooter from looking at Fergusons percentage's, but he did shoot a lot more than Ferguson. I see where people post Ferg and others Ferguson, which is his real name?

 

He may not have scored 10 pts on Miller & I do not think anyone referenced anything like that. Ervin Stepp did not shoot a set shot ! Someone must have told you that because if you watched him I promise you never saw him shoot one. Nothing wrong with a set shot its just was not his shot. I checked KHSAA records on Monday out of curiousity because someone else mentioned Stepp in this thread. His Jr year he avg 19/31 from the field for 61%, do not recall his Sr year but I'm sure it was as good.True the "D" on him was Very weak but I assure you most of those shots were well beyond the 3pt line. Someone told me they saw him play in Lexington about 3 summers ago in a tournament & the 1st 7 trips down he was 7-7 beyond the arc with the crowd amazed. "The kid could shoot" I just cannot stand it when people get on here to try & prove their point & make statements they cannot back up or are heresay.That said I would like he or Ferg either one in a game of HORSE against a lot of others.

He may not have scored 10 pts on Miller & I do not think anyone referenced anything like that. Ervin Stepp did not shoot a set shot ! Someone must have told you that because if you watched him I promise you never saw him shoot one. Nothing wrong with a set shot its just was not his shot. I checked KHSAA records on Monday out of curiousity because someone else mentioned Stepp in this thread. His Jr year he avg 19/31 from the field for 61%, do not recall his Sr year but I'm sure it was as good.True the "D" on him was Very weak but I assure you most of those shots were well beyond the 3pt line. Someone told me they saw him play in Lexington about 3 summers ago in a tournament & the 1st 7 trips down he was 7-7 beyond the arc with the crowd amazed. "The kid could shoot" I just cannot stand it when people get on here to try & prove their point & make statements they cannot back up or are heresay.That said I would like he or Ferg either one in a game of HORSE against a lot of others.
I can attest to this as his team was in the Ashland Invitational a long time ago same year the team I played for participated in the AIT. We watched his team play (Virgie), and what I recall is he shot a jump shot. I also recall he could elevate pretty well.

You are correct Fanofthe11th he could get up. He dunked it easily & had good elevation on his jumper, plus he was a legit 6'2 if not 6'3. His biggest problem was foot speed & quickness which really were not even average. If he had that who knows...

Fergurson is a great player without a doubt, but to say he is 6'2", well that would make Darius about 6'9". Darius size hurt Ferg on the perimeter as it was hard for him to get open looks. I was looking for him to pull from 30plus feet on several occassions because Miller was not around. Ferg is a legit 6 footer, like the Faulkner twins, they have a very nice team, hope they advance to the Sweet 16.

IMO Ervin Stepp would not have scored 10 pts on Darius Miller. He shot a set shot and imo would not have got hardly any looks with Miller on him. I am not so sure he was a better shooter from looking at Fergusons percentage's, but he did shoot a lot more than Ferguson. I see where people post Ferg and others Ferguson, which is his real name?

 

ervinstepp80.jpg

Elliott Co should go outside their region next year and play some competition. This will make them better and they will get more recognition across the state. Then return to the 16th the next year. You score less against better teams but it will make you a better player. That way people can't ride you about running up the score on people. agree?:ylsuper:

Fergurson is a great player without a doubt, but to say he is 6'2", well that would make Darius about 6'9". Darius size hurt Ferg on the perimeter as it was hard for him to get open looks. I was looking for him to pull from 30plus feet on several occassions because Miller was not around. Ferg is a legit 6 footer, like the Faulkner twins, they have a very nice team, hope they advance to the Sweet 16.

 

According to new's and people's stats posted on BGP he shot thirteen shot's from the perimeter and hit six of them. I don't see that as a problem getting open look's, and he also connected at a great percentage(46%) when he did shoot. No he is not as dominating or nearly as good overall as Darius Miller who is a very special player, but he can play shooting guard for somebody.

As far as the range of his shot he's always pulling from 25ft regardless if a midget was guarding him. 42% on the season they claim.

I can attest to this as his team was in the Ashland Invitational a long time ago same year the team I played for participated in the AIT. We watched his team play (Virgie), and what I recall is he shot a jump shot. I also recall he could elevate pretty well.

 

I think if you saw somebody playing for Virgie that was a star, it was probably Todd May and not Ervin Stepp. Stepp played at Phelps.

I am not sure how many high school's there are in ky, but 154 have reported their stats to khsaa.

 

What's so tough about reporting stats? It makes me crazy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.